De-ethanoling your fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original founders of the company are long dead, and the kids only care about seeing 8+ digits in their trustfund bank account?

But seriously, the problem is the EPA. Using corn in gas has done nothing except drive up the prices of everything..... but maybe that was their original plan anyway. Even my CBR600RR runs like sh!t now, and I can feel the ECU retarding the timing from this crap.

Shorter storage period, sure if not treated. Engine performance, no...

Shorter storage period, sure if not treated. Engine performance, no...
I am 100% convinced that blaming ethanol is the 2 stroke Mfgs and repairman's go to excuse to really tell you that you have bad gas that has sat too long without risking insulting you. I have been around long enough to remember just as many fuel related issues with the non-ethanol stuff. I have fewer issues now that I am older and wiser. I never have gas sit longer then a month, if that, anyway. 0 fuel line issues in my saws so far. Going to have them eventually, but I am still running the factory one in my 576 from 2011 and it feels fine to me.

Shorter storage period, sure if not treated
Before this E10 bogus, I found that Fuel Stabil would turn my fuel lines into goo faster than old gas that turned to varnish. Now it doesn't really seem to matter. All I know is when I clean out a engine that had E10 left in it, the back of my fingers burn now. Before, they would just feel slippery when washed and dried out.

The bad thing about E10, is it takes almost as much energy to grow the corn to make the fuel.

Then it gets burned, not feeding animals nor people. And the corn depletes the soil very fast.

Only sustainable with Gooberment pork subsidies.

I stopped by Tractor Supply today and picked up 3 gals. of VP non ethanol 50:1 premix @19.99/gal. They also sell 40:1 at the same price. The exact same stuff at Amazon is over $46. (must be heck of expensive to ship). I just want to give it a try in some of my small tools that are used less frequently.

I stopped by Tractor Supply today and picked up 3 gals. of VP non ethanol 50:1 premix @19.99/gal. They also sell 40:1 at the same price. The exact same stuff at Amazon is over $46. (must be heck of expensive to ship). I just want to give it a try in some of my small tools that are used less frequently.

For $60 I can mix up 10-gal of 100LL with premium mix oil

I'm just glad to have 100 % gas 5 minutes away at $0.20 more a gallon than e10. Currently $2.05 a gallon in Northeast Alabama for ethanol free lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm just glad to have 100 % gas 5 minutes away at $0.20 more a gallon than e10. Currently $2.05 a gallon in Northeast Alabama for ethanol free lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Ya, but do you guys probably don't get the "privilege" to pay about 20 cents extra tax for each can of soda pop (so that your kids might not drink as much)? 63% of CA citizens voted that for themselves. And I hear CA is now thinking E-15 is a wonderful idea.

Most octane boosters are methanol based.. choose wisely grasshopper.

I'm impressed with the info on the VP stuff but then again I always seem to fall for "if its on the internet it must be true" syndrome. check out <vp-sef.com>
The stuff is supposed to be 94 octane, no ethanol, stable ,and might also be the ticket to raising the octane in my de-ethanoled gas without adding a methanol based booster.
At any rate, I'm still trying to beat my small tool ethanol problems as cost efficiently as possible.
If I'm going to be using my saw a long time (for more than one tank) I may use ethanol mix for the intermediate tanks, but it's going back to storage either dry or without ethanol.

Yeah, they sell VP at lots of places but none are very cheap. I usually just find a place that sells no E gasoline and mix my own, still kinda high priced though..In California it might be near impossible to find no E gasoline and doubt if they like 2 stroke equipment much..

Nearest to me in fresno California is the ag landing strips, the sky park, or chandler field. Fresno air terminal is no bueno. that at minimum will add 40 miles going to our cabin. The ag strip closest to me might not be active any more. Nearest gas station is 2/10ths of a mile from the house.

Latest posts

Back