Dead Leaves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjonesist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a tree that has several leaves that appear to be dying. I'm getting concerned since it's a huge tree and provides a lot of shade and beauty for my yard. I’m not sure what type of tree it is but it does produce these brown pointed balls in the fall. I should also mention that I've noticed a ton on ants crawling up and down the tree while I was cutting my grass last week. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Nice tree. they are so much nicer when the lower limbs are kept on.

TreeCo is right about the shedding; normal and no problem. Best way to manage that would be to mulch an area around the trunk and just rake/blow the fallen leaves into that area.

Thanks for all the replies, they put my at ease. I will try to get a few more pics of the small balls that fall from the tree and the tree next to it and post them tomorrow.

I read somewhere that Tulip Poplars are excellent early drought indicators. They are usually the first trees to start to lose leaves due to dry weather.

When you see this happening, you need to start watering. Water all your trees good and deep about once a week. That, and mulching is always good.

Latest posts

Back