Decided to take the ms361 out for a spin today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Did'nt care much for the way it was cutting, took it home put the chain in the grinder set to 25deg re-ground all the cutters then ground the depth gages removing ten-thousandths, took it back out to the field, what a big difference,

On the cotton wood 18-19" I could bear down real good without any bogging, on the ash tree the saw made its own way through the wood with a bit of torquing the saw gave a nice smooth cut no bogging.

hmmm will have to give this saw a try on a dry day :clap:

I should add the oil ways stayed clear with plenty of oil for the chain and bar to stay lubed when cutting ash

Last edited:
Did'nt care much for the way it was cutting, took it home put the chain in the grinder set to 25deg re-ground all the cutters then ground the depth gages removing ten-thousandths, took it back out to the field, what a big difference,

On the cotton wood 18-19" I could bear down real good without any bogging, on the ash tree the saw made its own way through the wood with a bit of torquing the saw gave a nice smooth cut no bogging.

hmmm will have to give this saw a try on a dry day :clap:

I should add the oil ways stayed clear with plenty of oil for the chain and bar to stay lubed when cutting ash

Whatcha trying to say ND, maybe you like that saw,LOL

Run that baby, you'll like it...

Stihl MS 361 Rocks!
StihlMS3612.jpg

Do you think it was due to a lower raker or the 5 deg difference ?
What did you set the top angle on the grinder at ?

As I said before, no amount of money will buy you a better saw. Have fun with it, and be careful!

Winter is soon to come, wood is done so on to my hobby

first frost should come within the next 30 or so days, been fighting the saw long enough, I gotta get my favorite toy back together.

Looks like it busted both rings, good thing had the chrome cylinder bored and a steel jug pushed in

By the way, this is what I will be doing to the the old JD saw as soon as I get time.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back