Decompression valve sealent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Balaska

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm assembleing a oem topend on my 075 I purchased a new valve to be on the safe side. Can anyone tell me if you use any kind of sealent on the threads if any on the decomp valve itself?

Make sure the little aluminum disc is still in the decomp hole before you install the new one. I usually use just a little blue loctite on the threads of the decomp valve. Just like I would on most the screws on that saw.

I have had numerous decomp plugs wiggle loose on this family of saws. Nothing out of the norm for this family, everything seems to vibrate apart. I use some blue loctite or you could use a little wrap of tape. Make sure you have a crush ring for the decomp valve. It prevents air leaks.

Thanks for the insight I thought about blue locktite but wasn't sure. I bought the saw with the understanding the topend was just done, I tore it down to find it had an aftermarket piston and cylinder unfortunately that's the way I got it and it's only pulling 130psi cold, I assume due to the squish(deck height) being different from oem. Anyway i'm using my topend from my oem stockpile I had hoped to build a new old stock saw from. I'll have a pristine saw when done. I'll remember the washer. Thanks again

Thanks for the insight I thought about blue locktite but wasn't sure. I bought the saw with the understanding the topend was just done, I tore it down to find it had an aftermarket piston and cylinder unfortunately that's the way I got it and it's only pulling 130psi cold, I assume due to the squish(deck height) being different from oem. Anyway i'm using my topend from my oem stockpile I had hoped to build a new old stock saw from. I'll have a pristine saw when done. I'll remember the washer. Thanks again

I don't think Loctite blue is going to do much there, I use Loctite 680 with good results on decomp valves...

Latest posts

Back