Delco Remy parts needed for my Super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a distributor shim for a Chevy SB or BB engine that is .022"-.023" thick. .501" i.d. and .998" o.d.. Goes on the dist shaft between the housing and the drive gear.

I want to bring the crankshaft endplay down to .003"-.005" on my Homelite Super 2. One of the Chevy shims would be just perfect to do that. Right now it is .025" endplay.

Any of you who are CAD inflicted are also car nuts?

I have one but it is .034" thick and I'm not going to dismantle the TI distributor out of my vet just for some $5 chainsaw.

You might be in luck, i do have some i will have to check thickness. Hope your not in a big hurry as i wont be able to see till Saturday.

You might be in luck, i do have some i will have to check thickness. Hope your not in a big hurry as i wont be able to see till Saturday.

Cool!

I was hopeing someone would know what I was describing.

Most Chebby dist. have .030"-.050" endplay and SOP is to get it down to .005"-.008". Eliminates dwell and timing variation.

Moroso has the shim kit.. Might check with an O'Reilly's or a local speed shop..

Might also check Motorcycle shops for spring bucket shims.. Might also work for you..

Rick

Cool!

I was hopeing someone would know what I was describing.

Most Chebby dist. have .030"-.050" endplay and SOP is to get it down to .005"-.008". Eliminates dwell and timing variation.

Been there done that lol, i might have one of those cast iron tach drive dist. laying around i'll look for it to.

Why the shim?

Those bearings are fully adjustable after you split the clam open. Use the clear plastic from a presentation folder to make the two 0.010" or 0.007" minimum thickness assembly shims, then yank the pair out right before you drop the front clam shell half on it.

Do you need me to copy & send the procedure over from the Chainsaw Service Manual?, as it's listed in the Homey 240 series, but not the LX30/180/200/XL/Super 2 chapters.

Those bearings are fully adjustable after you split the clam open. Use the clear plastic from a presentation folder to make the two 0.010" or 0.007" minimum thickness assembly shims, then yank the pair out right before you drop the front clam shell half on it.

Do you need me to copy & send the procedure over from the Chainsaw Service Manual?, as it's listed in the Homey 240 series, but not the LX30/180/200/XL/Super 2 chapters.

The IPL I have shows "washer, thrust, #69093A, two reqd." and that is what I found inside my Super 2. I simply used a feeler guage to measure the side slop. One side was worn a tad. A .021"-.022" thick washer will bring it down to .003"-004" endplay. Given a steel shaft in an alum. housing there will be no worries on things getting tighter with temperature.

From what I see in the 240 IPL, the crankcase is quit a bit different from an XL, XL2 or Super 2.

I have a surface grinder, send me a shim and I'll grind it any thickness you want. Call me 217-556-1129
Good to help out a fellow chevy guy:hmm3grin2orange:

Looking for a distributor shim for a Chevy SB or BB engine that is .022"-.023" thick. .501" i.d. and .998" o.d.. Goes on the dist shaft between the housing and the drive gear.

I want to bring the crankshaft endplay down to .003"-.005" on my Homelite Super 2. One of the Chevy shims would be just perfect to do that. Right now it is .025" endplay.

Any of you who are CAD inflicted are also car nuts?

I have one but it is .034" thick and I'm not going to dismantle the TI distributor out of my vet just for some $5 chainsaw.

distributor shims

GM used to sell the shims in their performance catalog. Try one of the performance oriented Dealerships, they have the catalog on line. I've shimmed many distributors.

Latest posts

Back