Descent cedar log in Atlanta

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petersenj20

petersenj20

ArboristSite Operative
I finally got a call back for a cedar log I had given up on. Around here they are hard to come by, especially in any good size. I loaded the lift rig up and went to get it. He let me take the rest of the tree as well. I meant to get more pictures but was on a deadline and needed to get loaded and forgot to get more than one.

I was on a roll and saw a sign on the way home for free firewood. After unloading I went back and got a load of mixed wood for my fire pit. I don't burn wood in the house but burn lots when friends come over. So the small cedar and other is for the fire. All together I got about 2/3 cord firewood.

This may not be a big deal, I know, but I sit behind a desk and I get excited when I do a good days work.

How you like my firepit? This is how rednecks from Tennessee get it done. It has a swing away arm for a lid to keep the fire dry when we party in the rain. I can also cook on it and have several times.

Last edited:
MotorSeven

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Aye, we have a fire pit 3 steps out of the back door....love it. If you ever get up around Knoxville i have a few cedars you could take home....F.O.C.

RD

big daddio

big daddio

ArboristSite Operative
Nice cedar

Nice cedar log there petersen. been a while since i was on here, looks like ya got that log lifter workin good! here's some pix of my outdoor woodburner - cooker-grill-smoker. incorporated some cedar into it too!

petersenj20

petersenj20

ArboristSite Operative
I like that smoker. The fuel hole and draft all in one. How is it to add wood while cooking? I have a separate Brinkman bullet smoker and gas grill.

It wasn't intentional, I inherited the big gas grill and the smoker was a freebee. I have just recently started getting into smoking, my neighbor is teaching me.

I can use the small cedar for fish smoking.

petersenj20

petersenj20

ArboristSite Operative
I'm a little bored with nothing else to do in 20° weather so me and the boy built a fire. Poke a fire, pee in the bed.:givebeer:
My firepit doubles as a kiln.

Last edited:

Latest posts