Diamond abrasive coating for top of piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old-cat

Fir Man
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a way out of the box dreamer! I want the top of an 026 STIHL piston coated with diamond abrasive so I can up my compression. I already made a driver to put in the piston to turn it in the cylinder with my 3/8 drill motor.
I bought a set of diamond burrs for porting, 50 burrs for $15, so there must be an inexpensive way to coat metal with diamond dust?
Who can do this?????????

Your so far outside the box I have no idea what your talking about, what ever your on its some good s***

I can't wait for some it to start popping off...and it will.

Eidt:

I originally read the OP as wanting to use a DC to allow for a tighter squish...

I have use a piston with an adhesive disk stuck to the top of a piston to increase squish a few thousandths.

Last edited:
I think old-cat wants to use the piston to grind down the squish band in the cylinder, not to run the coated piston during normal use. Why not try putting some fine grit sand paper on it?

That will be your tool for like cutting squish, just use an old piston coated with abrasive?

They make peel and stick abrasives sheets I think...

I also think a wooden dowel would be better, no worries about scratching the cylinder walls.

The flat top pistons are not a problem, I send them to Mastermind. It's those wacko 026 pistons that are arched on top and the edge of the combustion chamber has a small step, so you can't get the squish very tight. Randy told me that step is hard to cut, so I figured diamond should work great.

I milled the outer edge of the piston on my 026 and lower the base. The tight spot on an 026 is just the outer edge at the top of the cylinder. I tried using a old piston and adhesive backed sand paper , it will work but is going to take for ever.

Attachments

• 2013-01-17_11-58-59_206.jpg
    2013-01-17_11-58-59_206.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Back