Did I get ripped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinking i might offload my 0.058 in favour of 0.050 but in saying that does one offer an advantage over the other ???

.058 is a husky thing i think ,it will carry a little more oil in the troth over the .050 ,i like .063 myself ,it helps oil longer bars better
the .050 will run in the .058 rail ,but may derail easier and wear things funny from the slop so not recommended ,
Just get a couple of the right chains from a local shop ,or better yet get a couple good chains from Treeslinger ,they will most likely be square ground ,that is a whole other subject though .
If you buy chain locally ,ask what guage they stock ,may be easier to get another bar ,and just sell the one you have .

That's OK fanny ... The best solution I came up with is I continue running 0.050 in the short term and buying 0.058 or 0.063 a few months down the track in the long term
After ringing around I found out my saw was imported from USA therefore why it has 0.050 running gear
Saga over

I'll check them Monday ... only ones I found online were overseas ... I live in Australia
If you have a local fire house the probably have standards for replacing their hoses and toss a few out in the garbage every year. I use hog ring pliars and hog rings to make a custom length scabbard for $2. Trick I learned from some friends up North... :)

Latest posts

Back