Diesel adds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt41

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I use power service and two small bottles of two stroke oil to every tank since new, I have had no issues and coming up on 2,800 hours. I also use Lucas full synthetic oil every 100 hours or so. I’m curious what you guys run in your diesel engines.

In/for my Kubota tractor I run Exxon diesel, to which I add Amsoil Cetane increaser (1 oz to 5 US gallons) and one ounce to five gallons Sea Foam. In winter months I mix in Amsoil's diesel Cold additive. (I keep a bottle of Rescue 9-1-1 in tractor cab, but have yet to need using it.
geo

This one has been beat to death on the internet by others that claim to be experts. Whatever you may think about Project Farm I do like his video on diesel additives.

On the farm I run 12,000-15,000gal of diesel through everything from lawnmowers and skid loaders to 900hp forage harvesters and everything in between. I have numerous machines with over 20,000hrs and have never run an additive of any kind through most of them. No1 fuel in the winter when it’s cold and straight No2 all other times. I used to run Howes in stuff in the winter but had an injection pump rebuilt on a skid loader and the guy asked if I was using an additive as he saw certain parts more worn than normal.

Fresh fuel filters and the correct winter blend and you’ll never have issues.

Back