Diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lbz for sure, 2500 would be best choice for your described application. one in the 95,000 to 145,000 mile range if you can find it in your area. it'll ride like a cadilac for having ifs. it'll haul your 18 ft dove no problem, get a bullydog and program the tow setting in and get around 22ish mpgs daily driving. it'll haul all the wood you can put in it for sure

I had an 04.5 lly and the mileage was bad. It's was right with the 09 6.4 ford. I averaged 15 and the lie o meter said 18. The 06 has LLY and LBZ. All the 06s have the 6 spd allison. It seems much nicer driving and mileage than the one I had. The LBZ is the best in my opinion for better injectors, better mileage than the LLY and more power.

That depends on what motor you are talking about, variable geometry turbos don't like extended idle times. Neither do trucks with a diesel particulate filter.

Yep, and idling a lot could make the ERG valve on some of them want to stick. The EGTs is to low at an idle.

Just me, If my truck is going to idle anymore than 15-20 minutes at the most, I just shut it off. Theres no need in it setting there idling for hours for no reason.... And, there's a difference between a cold start and a hot start.

Last edited:
Looks like EFI is coming for the common rail. Heard rummors but I guess it is going to happen. Starting out with the 06 to 07. Geat thing for the cummins. Here is a link to diesel power on facebook. The posted article about it.

Login | Facebook

Back