Difference in price for (R) version.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was wondering what the cost of the 460R version is over the 460. I haven't checked with my dealer yet. See what you guys said before the dealer told me I didn't need it around here.

If you're just talking the wrap handle, it'll add maybe $30-40 over the regular price.

460RMedium2.jpg

Last edited:
So with the R version I get the 3/4 wrap, bigger oil pump and the dual dogs right? Am I missing anything else?

Well, I just called the dealer and they misunderstood me. They thought I wanted the Rescue version, then I cleared that all up and said no, this is what I want. Well, they said I could get the 460, then order the 3/4 handle for it -OR - just buy the rescue for $200+ bucks more. They dont sell those (R)'s here. I guess I'll try another dealer.

Well, I just called the dealer and they misunderstood me. They thought I wanted the Rescue version, then I cleared that all up and said no, this is what I want. Well, they said I could get the 460, then order the 3/4 handle for it -OR - just buy the rescue for $200+ bucks more. They dont sell those (R)'s here. I guess I'll try another dealer.

Most dealers east of the miss don't even know they are available. I have not seen one dealer in all my traveling that has had a wrap model anything on the shelf. It will need to be ordered.

the wrap handle by itself is about 90 bucks, then the deeper side cover, dual spike, and roller chain catcher kit is about another 60-80 bucks on top of that. The R version is a better deal than buying a regular and putting a wrap handle on it.

Most dealers east of the miss don't even know they are available. I have not seen one dealer in all my traveling that has had a wrap model anything on the shelf. It will need to be ordered.

the wrap handle by itself is about 90 bucks, then the deeper side cover, dual spike, and roller chain catcher kit is about another 60-80 bucks on top of that. The R version is a better deal than buying a regular and putting a wrap handle on it.

The dealers I've talked to cant order it. Its get the standard version and add $xxx to that to make it an (R) - without HO oiler. Or just buy the Rescue, which is totally unnecessary.

I'm not giving up yet though. There are more dealers around. Maybe one of the will have a clue what I'm talking about.

Wrong saw - that's the Fire Dept rescue version.

My my my my, have sold many of those babies and the verge of selling a bunch more. That saw is AWESOME. That thing is on so many firetrucks throughout the nation its unbelieveable.

Hey Lake I picked up a freebie saw today that your not going to beleive. I didn't have time today to toss it in the Cuda but tomorrow I will and I'll snap you a pic. Your gonna go whatttttttttttttt, wait and see..

The dealers I've talked to cant order it. Its get the standard version and add $xxx to that to make it an (R) - without HO oiler. Or just buy the Rescue, which is totally unnecessary.

I'm not giving up yet though. There are more dealers around. Maybe one of the will have a clue what I'm talking about.

If they will sell you a Rescue 460 for only two hundred more than a regular 460 you should grab it ASAP, thats a deal. The 36RDR chain on the Rescue lists for 355.00 in case ya didn't know. It will cut through 2 inch bullet proof glass like butter. It will cut metal, nails, concrete and most anything else. Any fire company will gladly give you 250.00 for that chain and you can toss a standard chain back on the saw and go cut wood...

If they will sell you a Rescue 460 for only two hundred more than a regular 460 you should grab it ASAP, thats a deal. The 36RDR chain on the Rescue lists for 355.00 in case ya didn't know. It will cut through 2 inch bullet proof glass like butter. It will cut metal, nails, concrete and most anything else. Any fire company will gladly give you 250.00 for that chain and you can toss a standard chain back on the saw and go cut wood...

It ends up being a little over $350 difference actually. Does the rescue have the H.O. oil pump?

For that price though, I mights as well get a 660.

Last edited:
It ends up being a little over $350 difference actually. Does the rescue have the H.O. oil pump?

It has it all. You go in there and tellem 1000.00 firm and most likely they will take it, I know one place that does. Thats about 150.00 more than a regular 460. You can make back 250.00 pawning that 36RDR chain to the local fire company. That will get you a 460 for around 750.00. Call that guy and offer him a grand for the Rescue. If he doesn't take it he's being greedy, trust me I know. He should bend since he doesn't have what you want to begin with, remind him if you need to...

Thats awful. Here the R is what is sitting on the shelf!

Latest posts

Back