Dirt Digging Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehawk419

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is a saw made to dig dirt. Called a ditcher saw. Only good for about a 40" deep by 2" or so trench, but handy as heck for burying small lines around the property. Power by Homelite.

Anybody see one of these before?

Hope the pics aren't to dark, not alot of light in the barn at night.

Heard of 'em but never seen one. sure could use one now........ and many times in the past, 'specially for my shop's power, what could be easier?
:clap:

:cheers:

Serge

trencher

About 10 years ago, I saw one a little smaller that was a direct chain replacement and was hand held. Wanted to buy it, but it only worked with an inboard clutch and I had a husky at the time. have looked all over the net but have never seen one. it would be great for a small wire or to define the outside of a wider trench dug by hand. Used on a worn out bar once in a while should be fine. I have been looking at this sight for a couple of years, and you all seem like a great bunch of guys. thanks for all your knowledge. Jim

Around here thats called a Ditch Witch, used to ditch small cables, waterlines, etc. Readily available at the Rental dealerships and I think even the phone company has them.

They make them a little bigger than that!

V4150big.jpg

That's an interesting looking chain on the 1450. Can we get a front look at it?

Back