Disposing of Old 2-Cycle Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find weeds growing through gaps in&around -concrete-(-only- not asphalt!) and pour it out there.
It's not like it is what-so-ever comparable to imbeciles emptying crankcases and coolant systems into waste water or storm-drainage receptacles.
Besides, I'm not doing it on your -or- community property, and the planet is remarkably resilient.
As an example, when was that last time you heard anyone gripe about the -MILLIONS- of gallons of crude oil lost into the Gulf on our Southern coast a dozen years-or-so ago?

Anyone throw their 2 cycle into newer vehicles? I have an 04 that it can only help. That’s only going to last so long though.
I've got a late '07 Silverado 1500 (new body) with the 5.3 - I dump anything that doesn't have alot of ethanol separation or water in it. Like I mentioned a few pages back, I had once instance where it started hard and idled like crap for a couple tanks of gas after adding some 2-stroke that was a little too separated, and the tank a bit too low for the amount I had - might have been 4 gallons or so of premix. Had no issues with just stale fuel - stuff that smelled bad but had no separation or water present.

You're better off burning premix in newer vehicles - since they're all built with low-bidder garbage parts, they need all the help they can get! 200k miles without going inside the engine were the good ol' days. Doubtful anything built recently will accomplish that task. Even my '07 hasn't. Rear end smoked by 97k, transmission smoked by 103k, and engine started burning oil at 50k miles (that's just recent stuff - I don't have time to type out a few pages of prior failures), now at 116k, oil pressure is dropping off by the month. Only a matter of time. If that didn't happen first, the AFM lifters would've failed next ... or the valve springs ... or a .05 cent o-ring failure would've destroyed the engine completely. I believe my problem, besides the fast-wearing low-tension piston rings, is the #2 cam bearing walking out of its bore. Can't win today!

For those humor-challenged, this was a JOKE. I always find the left-leaning folks with that one ... :surprised3:

Instead of humor I got education.
I had to Google 'vernal pool' just so I could understand the comment.
Then I could sad face it correctly.

Latest posts

Back