Disston and Clinton Barn Finds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Was up to my Grams the other day and she told me there were some more chainsaws out in the "old house" (the old part of the house was removed in the early 1900's and turned into a shop). I went out to check them out and found a Clinton 323 and a Disston DO-101. These go along with the two Strunks, Wards, IEL Pioneer, and Indian I got a while back. But these are fairly complete and turn over with compression.

These were used by my gramp in the 50's and 60's when he worked for the local sawmill in the winters logging. They used a Cletrac crawler to skid with. My mothers cousin still uses the crawler. The Disston still had the owners manual and parts list and sales slip. It was $329 in the 1950's.

Was up to my Grams the other day and she told me there were some more chainsaws out in the "old house" (the old part of the house was removed in the early 1900's and turned into a shop). I went out to check them out and found a Clinton 323 and a Disston DO-101. These go along with the two Strunks, Wards, IEL Pioneer, and Indian I got a while back. But these are fairly complete and turn over with compression.

These were used by my gramp in the 50's and 60's when he worked for the local sawmill in the winters logging. They used a Cletrac crawler to skid with. My mothers cousin still uses the crawler. The Disston still had the owners manual and parts list and sales slip. It was $329 in the 1950's.

Get'em running if you can and or rebuild them they are a family heirloom, treasure them and see if your cram's will tell you any stories of those days. I love to talk to older people, their stories are priceless. Take the time to listen you won't regret it and they won't either.

Wow, they are in great shape. Back in the 50's that would have been around $1,550.

Latest posts

Back