Disston DA 211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
Hello
I scored a Disston 211 after work with the merc twin,good shape, great comprestion but alot of varnish in tank and carb Mike A's site said between 51 and 55.It has the 2 man bar. But question in mind is there any way to tell what year it was made. I got the operator's handbook to, but got home and scopet it out but its for a 1949 G-AY model complete with pricing and packing slips and a card for the Disston chainsaw news 1949. I bought it all for 150.00USD .Seth

Hi Seth,
Sorry I can't help with the year, but I hope you can bring it to Baraboo next August. We'll have lots of other 2-man saws to run against.
Scott

That is a Sally Ring saw.The head also turns horizontally so you could cut down a tree.It only weighs about 90 pound.Talk about a heavy duty weed eater.
Later
Dan

Hello
I scored a Disston 211 after work with the merc twin,good shape, great comprestion but alot of varnish in tank and carb Mike A's site said between 51 and 55.It has the 2 man bar. But question in mind is there any way to tell what year it was made. I got the operator's handbook to, but got home and scopet it out but its for a 1949 G-AY model complete with pricing and packing slips and a card for the Disston chainsaw news 1949. I bought it all for 150.00USD .Seth

Anyone know what these go for now-a-days? I have a friend/client who has 2 of them and one set of parts/owners manual.

He had them running few years ago, but has not had the time to play with them for a while. A saw shop is bugging him to give them up...

I have an incomplete DA-211 parts saw with seized pistons. I don't have the $$, patience, or experience to put together a complete & running saw.

The last nice one on e-bay got just over $400. It was a complete runner with a 44" bar. If you can get pics of them I might be interested in one...:)

The one I have both coils are cracked/weathered but thats aboot it. But I have'nt F-ed with it in like 5 years.

Latest posts

Back