do any of you miss burning already?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't miss it at all.

I've been splitting and stacking wood for next year in 90 degree heat thinking to myself I'm 35 years old and how much longer am I going to enjoy this?

In ten more years my wife and I will be living in one room of the house setting around one of those infrared box heaters.

well ive never claimed to be playing with a full deck anyway.

anyway im on vacation this week. i been cleaning up the yard, and splitting and stacking wood. i still got a good ways to go. the pile near the drive way will be gone real soon. the wife will be real happy about that. problem is ive almost filled my last spot to stack wood. :( so now i gotta move a bunch of crap around to make more room. im nearing 14 cord split and stacked. 2 cord of it is #### pine though.

Do I miss it...Only when it's cold. I finally managed to shut the OWB last weekend, there was alot of sticks in the yard for free hot water!

Miss it? I'm a pessimist so I generally hate whatever season i'm in, dread the next one, and kind of miss the previous one while also kind of hating it at the same time. My nosy neighbors peek out their damn blinds and watch me hand split for some damn reason. Must be really F'ing exiting I guess. I cuss at my stove a lot during the summer for no reason really. Just killing time.

odd i know since summer has just started. i find myself looking at woodstoves and thinking mmmm thats nice. nice warm fire like that. seems we just shut em down and i miss it already. oh well it will be here soon enough i suppose.

11:51 posting--shouldnt be drunk yet!!! but everything cant be attached!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy::)

I just installed a new wood stove and my son ask me if I was having trouble waiting till the fall to lite her up, he knows me pretty good! Just installed a whole house fan too, man does that baby do the trick! I know I won't be able to keep the A/C off for good, but it's sure nice beating the power company out of a little.

odd i know since summer has just started. i find myself looking at woodstoves and thinking mmmm thats nice. nice warm fire like that. seems we just shut em down and i miss it already. oh well it will be here soon enough i suppose.

Miss it, hell I missed all of last winter. I am going nuts:dizzy:. I haven't been able to touch any of my saws much less burn any of the wood that I put away last summer. The wife got to have all the fun while I was in school with the military.:buttkick:

Hasn't been long enough to miss. Had a fire last week. The way things are shaping up, I might be getting one going on July 4th. :(

From what I understand, some of you in other parts of the country are seeing some real warm temps.:D

Wow! It's hard to imagine that since I'm living quite a bit south of you. It cooled down today and I think the next two days will be cool also. When I say cool I mean in the high 70's or low 80's. I know that's not your kind of summertime cool.

When I went out to the northwest a few years ago during the summer it was fairly warm except one day on the return trip. We were hiking in Glacier National Park through the snow wearing short pants and short sleeve shirts. The cool day was when we were going through Nebraska and we had to put the windows up and turn the heater on.

I don't miss burning my stove since it's been hot but when we get those nippy mornings this fall I'll be chomping at the bit to fire the stove up.

Yes

I miss having a fire, we had one last week. The pacific on-shore flow brought in the low 40s.

We burn 5 to 6 cords a year. Dead of winter with snow on the ground, our utilities are less than 50 bucks a month.

Autumn (spell it right?) is my favorite time of year. I also miss the tobacco barns back east aging the leaves etc.

That is one task the Mrs. likes for herself, bringing in the wood and keeping the fire going.

Thats why I cut "happy wood"....wood she likes to bring in when its pouring outside. I wonder if I could get her to keep the tree house stove going during deer season?????

Wow! It's hard to imagine that since I'm living quite a bit south of you. It cooled down today and I think the next two days will be cool also. When I say cool I mean in the high 70's or low 80's. I know that's not your kind of summertime cool.

When I went out to the northwest a few years ago during the summer it was fairly warm except one day on the return trip. We were hiking in Glacier National Park through the snow wearing short pants and short sleeve shirts. The cool day was when we were going through Nebraska and we had to put the windows up and turn the heater on.

I don't miss burning my stove since it's been hot but when we get those nippy mornings this fall I'll be chomping at the bit to fire the stove up.

It does get wickedly hot here. Just not this year, YTD. It was 55° this morning and we've warmed up to the early/mid 60s where it's going to stay.

There's a low pressure system off from Cape Cod tossing rain showers our way. Normally weather moves West to East; been weird watching the weatherman and the radar with the clouds backing into New England, East to West.

There were like 4 rainless days in June.

Back