do I hear 10 cents?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Ducktape is lighter, that's what is on my Stihl blower.

True, he bought another one brand new and was out the door on the run. He was on the move. He called me 10 minutes ahead and told me to have it ready because he would be in a hurry, he was. Trade, whats that word mean, haha

You mean it wasn't replaced under warranty?

Jack

Nothing really. In fact it works well in place of the clamp he broke off of it. How he broke off the orginial clamp is beyond me.

Really what your looking at with that blower in that condition is fairly common around here. The landscapers around here compete hard with each other for work. They go daylight to dark and run hard at it. The tools take a helluva beating in this fast pace business around here where you either run or you don't eat. You would have to drive through Leesburg around dark to see what I mean. Those guys are still at it till the sun goes down. Its a tuff life to lead and some of those guys look as worn out as that blower. They pull in good money but man the hours they put in on the run are unreal.

Yeah Tom, you should see some of the Echo's that my landscapers are using here, not quite as abused, still get pounded hard. Not too many "scapers around our area run Stihls...why is that?....but they are coming to my buildings with all new Ford trucks!

Pretty good "Alternative Engineering" on those shoulder straps!

:greenchainsaw:

I still have my old Echo blower from the 1990's, and the AV rubbers and the accordion output tube are rotted, repaired with tape. The throttle cable/kill wire housing rotted off too. Replaced the webbing on the shoulder straps with nylon strapping. The darn thing still works great. I have to use the choke to shut it off is all. I will take it up on my roof today, to bloww off all the tree debris, prior to replacing one gable end with period carr siding that I prepainted. Ugly dam machine stihl serves its purpose.

Tis done

The old blower has some internal damage that I'm positive the owner isn't going to pay me to fix. It failed the leak down test by over 25%. Its leaking at a rate of around 35%, 10% is the max. A valve job could probly get this old blower running again but in its condition its not worth it. Anyway she'll wind up in the dumpster cept for all the screws, taps and what not I can toss in the tool box for folks that loose a tap or screw now and then. I give them away but now you know how I getem,LOL

attachment.php

The old blower has some internal damage that I'm positive the owner isn't going to pay me to fix. It failed the leak down test by over 25%. Its leaking at a rate of around 35%, 10% is the max. A valve job could probly get this old blower running again but in its condition its not worth it. Anyway she'll wind up in the dumpster cept for all the screws, taps and what not I can toss in the tool box for folks that loose a tap or screw now and then. I give them away but now you know how I getem,LOL

attachment.php

Tommie,

Where do you Stihl get value in your OPE? :bowdown:

Oh, it's a wonder any pass the 10% leakdown test with all the crappy casting of those cylinders. Woops, I see the naysayers have left the building.

Carry on,

ole joat

Looks like that fuel cap is intact. Better save it too. Darn. I really want to get me a BR600 one day. I get a bunch of leaves in the Fall and I've got a great, wait for it, bad word, (Echo), that runs great. I'm just a Stihl guy, but I can't look a gifthorse in the mouth, (mom and dad), when they buy me stuff like that and say nope, you should've bought me the Stihl. Anyway, I keep looking for a good deal on one. Thought this might have been my deal... Doesn't look like it'll keep up with the amount of leaves I get in the Fall.

Nothing really. In fact it works well in place of the clamp he broke off of it. How he broke off the orginial clamp is beyond me.

Really what your looking at with that blower in that condition is fairly common around here. The landscapers around here compete hard with each other for work. They go daylight to dark and run hard at it. The tools take a helluva beating in this fast pace business around here where you either run or you don't eat. You would have to drive through Leesburg around dark to see what I mean. Those guys are still at it till the sun goes down. Its a tuff life to lead and some of those guys look as worn out as that blower. They pull in good money but man the hours they put in on the run are unreal.

When you say Leesburg, you must be referring to Leesburg, freaking Afghanistan!!!! That think looks like it's been shelled.

Look on any lawn service rig around these parts and unless they are on the way to job #1 the blowers, weed whackers, mowers and for that matter the pick up truck AND employees ALL look like that.

So whatz so funny???:confused:

Tommie,

Thanks for the call. Hose clamp around the neck, got it.

Later,

ole joat

Joat you aren't going to believe this. The owner of that junky old blower just called me. Guess what. He was doing a job in Ashburn and he sat his new BR550 along the edge of the road while he was mowing. A car came along and ran over it. He said get me another blower ready. If that guy didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at, unreal huh. Accidents are great for sales though. One mans misery is another mans blessing I guess. I'll give him a good discount on his new blower just to show him I feel his pain. He also said he wanted that old blower for parts. I'm like okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,LOL

Latest posts

Back