Do they make a good $100 saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Or $87.50 plus tax. I didn't do a thing to it (OK,I wiped the clutch area out)
Now, I know why they pawned it..... never sharpened stock chain was dull.

IMG_5454.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5448.JPG

IMG_5450.JPG

Last edited:
There's a guy on this fora whom I've received a few emails from, and he's very fond of his Efcos. They don't look like too bad of a saw, IMO. I also think the newer Echo and Tanaka saws aren't bad though, so what do I know...(putting on my Nomex suite at this moment). I guess it all depends on what you need to do with the saw, but they look pretty efficient and well built to me.

Yeah, I know, the proof is in the pudding as they say, and I don't have any...hate to be a hypocrite...I wouldn't feel bad about owning one. :cheers:

It was really clean. It looks dirtier in the pics than in real life. The air filter had never been cleaned and you can see how dirty it is. The chain looked like it was rocked pretty bad. Maybe that's why they parted with it. ...didn't think it cut worth a crap. The Anti-kickback oregon chain looks like a POS anyways. How the heck do you deal with these saws with an outboard clutch? I think that would drive me nuts.

Last edited:
Not a thing wrong with that oregon safety chain. Just sharpen it up and when the time comes grind a little off the top of the rakers.

Very nice, WDO!

Let us know how she runs out when you get into some wood with it.

I'm officially jealous. But the day will come when I'll find a steal as well, probably one of the days I'm flat broke...

EDIT: PS you might wanna fix that all Stihl all the time line in your sig!

WOOOHOOO!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Last winter we had those ice storms and somebody bought a saw at menards, used it once, and parked it.

I was actually considering the 152 for a bit, just to play.

Slap a Ducati Corsa sticker on it, peel off the Efco stuff, and confuse the crap outta your pals. ;)

good snag!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Do us, and yourself a favor....take a cutoff saw, and cut that chain in little bitty pieces...I wouldnt wish one of them on anybody....the sorriest excuse for a full chisel chain I have ever had the displeasure of running....Nice saw by the way:clap:

Do us, and yourself a favor....take a cutoff saw, and cut that chain in little bitty pieces...I wouldnt wish one of them on anybody....the sorriest excuse for a full chisel chain I have ever had the displeasure of running....Nice saw by the way:clap:

I got like 5 of them with filed raker's and cut pretty good.

Looks decent. Port it?

I was thinking it might be good to learn on. But, on the way home I had to stop at a small engine repair shop to get a carb kit for the Kolher on the log splitter. I never knew it but they are a EFCO repair center. I was telling the guy about the saw and he said "you know they have a 5 year warrenty, don't you". I told him that I got the thing second hand at a pawn shop. He said no problem. He would still honor the warrenty. :dizzy: he said he could go off the manufact. date.

Just wanted to point out that the sawdust that's built up inside the filter cover seen in the last pic is on the wrong side of the filter. I had that problem with my John Deere version and I used a thin bead of grease around the edge of the filter were it slides in the cover and on the rubber gasket to help seal it and that's been working well for me. There is a flocked filter available too if you don't like the screen type.

Congrats on the bargain you got on a great saw and you should be very happy with it. I did a muffler mod on mine and I'm running a 16" .325 bar and chain with an 8 pin sprocket and it rips good.

Latest posts

Back