Do you know the make???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms290kubota174

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello everyone. i have been reading this site for a while now and think i have a good enough question b/c the fire place companies around here don't care about heating a home. i need new doors for my FP, i need to have sealed doors b/c of the setup i have . the first pic is showing the top and bottom vent and the main doors. 2nd pic the flume and fresh air vent the sucks air from outside to feed the fire and not take warm inside air. i think is setup is called a heatalator??? the fire heats a metal box then cold air from inside (bottom vent) goes into the box inside the fireplace then exits the (top vent) as hot air thanks for you help in advance

hello everyone. i have been reading this site for a while now and think i have a good enough question b/c the fire place companies around here don't care about heating a home. i need new doors for my FP, i need to have sealed doors b/c of the setup i have . the first pic is showing the top and bottom vent and the main doors. 2nd pic the flume and fresh air vent the sucks air from outside to feed the fire and not take warm inside air. i think is setup is called a heatalator??? the fire heats a metal box then cold air from inside (bottom vent) goes into the box inside the fireplace then exits the (top vent) as hot air thanks for you help in advance

Well look inside to the right, there should be a plate with make and model # then find it pos on line and contact them or even find a manual for it...you moght have to look real hard but it should be there...good luck and report back DW:popcorn:

Also check for the manufacturer plate in the blower recess.

I dunno about yours, but some are under the firebrick in the bottom.

I run a Quadrafire that is similar, and have the same type of Dealers locally.

They are all hot and bothered to sell you something, then they bail on customer service and ordering parts/warranty stuff.:(

Are your doors sprung or just ate up?

Merry Christmas!
Dingeryote

correction my dad said that it is a convection heater. i looked on the right side and no plate we are trying to see if we can find the recite for the fireplace. it was put in new 25 years ago.

Do yourself a big favor, rip that thing out and drop a wood stove in it's place. More bang for the buck.

i beg to differ, my buddy has a stove and this setup works very well compared to his stove. he said so himself but our houses are not the same. i dont how a stove could help as much it would resecced in the fire place and i would need fan to blow the heat out???? anyway still no luck locating a mfg name

Latest posts

Back