Do you need a logsplitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your splittler looks remarkably similar to the one I hav designed to build...how do you like that progressive wedge? That's how I planned to build mine...purchase a sharp "blade" type wedge, then fab my own thicker wedge in the back to force the wood open, just like yours...table off the back, log holding sides, very similar to what I have figured :)

Anything you would change?
How big is your pump, cylinder and motor?

Anything you would change?
Not noticed anything yet! Though I had some very large rings of beech, two of us really struggled to lift them on board, at the time a log lift was in my mind ;) but its very rare for me to find wood like that.

How big is your pump, cylinder and motor?
Pump is 16 g/m, cylinder is 24'' x 5'' x 2 1/2'' rod, motor is 11 hp ... I can honestly say I think it is a perfect set up for me, plenty of power, enough speed, with out getting dangerous, and the motor runs at half throttle, less noise and less juice used.

Cheers

;)

Sniff..Sniff.. Can you smell the weight gain just around the corner? All that exercise that was fending off the gut is just a dim memory, just like scooting up close to the table will be soon...

LOL
Ian

LOL ... believe it or not I think I now get more exercise as I stay out longer I don't get exhausted quite so quick so I'm able to keep on the move getting more done ... but I know what you mean :laugh:

Cheers

;)

Latest posts

Back