Does any have Hud-Son Badger Firewood Processor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genesis5521

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone use a Hud-Son Badger firewood processor

Does anyone in this forum use a Hud-Son Badger firewood processor? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Are you happy with it? Does it work the way you thought it would? Knowing what you now know about it, would you make the same purchase again? It's the only one I could afford at $13,000. Starting with tree length logs, it will process 1 full cord an hour. I'm not looking for speed. I just want something that beats doing all the work manually like I do now. It takes me all day to buck and split one full cord. (So maybe I'm a little slow. I'll be 64 this month.) I burn 5 full cords a year. I really don't want to start a firewood business. But I thought I might be able to sell a few cords (maybe 50) a year to help it pay for itself over time. I know there are much better and faster processors but I'm really not interested in any other processors as I can't afford them. And I don't know how to weld so I can't (and don't care to) build one. Any input from any Hud-Son Badger users would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Don <><

Last edited:
I dont own one but my home built unit was patterned after the basic Badger concept after watching one run at a show for 20 minutes. The Badger will process wood but has a few quirks one being that you have no way to easily back the log if you ooops it too far forward with the cable. The splitter is also a tad light for the largest diameters it will handle IMO. Advantages of the design for a small time operation are many including no extra lifts needed to get the raw material into the machine, it will run a decent diameter log for its size and price and not much more than a bicycle is needed to tow one around. There is room for improvement on the Badger. The perfectionist or high volume user wont like one I dont think. The low end user would do OK as would anyone else who doesnt mind saving some bucks up front and finishing the machine by fixing the design quirks as they show up.

Latest posts

Back