Does Anybody Have This Book?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh777

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A review of this book would be nice if someone has the time.

fundamentals2.jpg

I have Beranek's Working Climber series on DVD but would like to know the extent of information contained in his book.

I have another book by Jeff Jepson titled, "To Fell A Tree," and I've picked up some new tricks from it and I was hoping perhaps Beranek's book was the same way. Any info would be appreciated.

-Josh

A review of this book would be nice if someone has the time.

fundamentals2.jpg

I have Beranek's Working Climber series on DVD but would like to know the extent of information contained in his book.

I have another book by Jeff Jepson titled, "To Fell A Tree," and I've picked up some new tricks from it and I was hoping perhaps Beranek's book was the same way. Any info would be appreciated.

-Josh
yes i got the book it is hard core gb but it had some cool inf in there that i still use today j

gb? please clarify.

Some of the techniques apply to big tree work and logging operations, IIRC. Things like jacking, lanyard work on really large trees. I have it at home but I have not looked through it in a couple months.

I'd recommend it for your collection.

I recommend it unless you really, truly know it all. Has a lot of good stuff in there. Actually, I got this before Jeff's book (to fell a tree) and was seriously disappointed. If you liked Jeff's book, this one will take you to the next level.

That was my starter book. I like it, but it is definitely tipping a bit heavy on the logging side of things. Despite it's title, I think it shorts some of the fundamentals a bit, and misses out on a good explanation of some of the most basic skills needed.

Back