does anyone know anything about takeushi skid steers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow i dont know how you get your info

i dont understand how some of you get your info maybe from god knows
Gyro-Trac has to be one of the worst units ever made. but they have the best bull sh..t department. its the only unit that i know that never cover warrenty, have the highest cost per hr of any unit made.
in a 30 day run the have the lowest rate of work finished.
the size of the tree a unit will cut down is all in the size of the rotor in dia. nothing more than that.
so FECON FAE and yes Gyro-trash have the same size rotor so the will cut about the same.
and if they are so good why are they alsways trying to copie or get FAE to build rotor for them
need to get the FACTS not the BULL

jsbiker,

Since I posted a couple of months ago I've read and heard in many places the samethings you're saying. ie. Stay away from Gyrotrac. It seems forestry mulchers have the toughest lives of any equipment. They run full throttle 10 hours a day, over stumps (they've just created), chewing up rocks and dirt. They hafta be built tough, REAL tough. Most say the Gyrotracs aren't.

Takeuchi TL150 with FAE mulching head

Update::clap:

Finally we have taken delivery of a new Takeuchi TL150 and fitted it with a new FAE UML/SSL-175 forestry mulching head for demonstration purposes, will let you know the outcome.

nice unit Diggerman

diggerman
who changed the high flow on your unit? or what is the flow on it.

Underkutter
it just a fact Gyrotrac has the worst heads on the market.
i see more dead units around, forsale, bank sales, acution, than any head made. in Canada (home of gyrotrac) they have the smallest part of the market, and that is just by talking to users and dealers.
why do the say that the rotor is easy to remove for repair?
i see user with 2 and 3 rotors for one head why i ask.
i talk with people ever day and have tested almost every unit made for the OEM's and carrier OEM's. I find that Fecon and FAE heads out proform the others in the long run with out any problem.
just like next week i will be test some new teeth and and a new power unit for a company it will be near Richmond VA and i will not run the units for less than 40 hr each

It looks as of this month Gyrotrack and Vermeer have entered into a partnership. I personally use Fecon cutter heads but have seen the Gyrotracks work and they seemed to work okay. I have no idea how good they are but it sounds like you have had some bad experinces. Was it the cutter heads that were giving you guys (jsbiker) the problem or the carrier or the whole unit. I'm not sure if they actully manufactuer them in Canada any more I thought they moved their operation to South Carolina.

hi Crubside

well its not me i would never owne a Gyrotrackyou would have to sak the wellover 100 people that have had problems.
they have a building in NC and people but its a Canada company.

you can go to a comlany in GA Soft Trac and get a much better carrier and built how YOU want it.

the Vermeer thing is just that they want to sell someting and Gyro has NO dealers so it a good fit
let look at it this way look around and see the number of Fecon or FAE heads still working over 10 years, now try to find another make that is still working the same or even 5 years. oh yes most of them have not been around 5 years

sorry i just like the fact that FAE has a R&D department and is always looking for new ways to get things done and is an ISO rated company are ANY of the others. do any of the others have office in most countries around the world.

i am sorry the engineer and QC guy coming out LOL.
Fecon also build a good unit and its just me I like to fit and finish of the FAE units. my choice unitl someone shows me different on papaer and in the field over one year had running that FAE and FECON have the best unit made hands down. the worst is the 30min. demo they all look good for 30 mins give me 80 hrs

sorry for the engineer and QC guy coming out of me

i dont understand how some of you get your info maybe from god knows
Gyro-Trac has to be one of the worst units ever made. but they have the best bull sh..t department. its the only unit that i know that never cover warrenty, have the highest cost per hr of any unit made.
in a 30 day run the have the lowest rate of work finished.
the size of the tree a unit will cut down is all in the size of the rotor in dia. nothing more than that.
so FECON FAE and yes Gyro-trash have the same size rotor so the will cut about the same.
and if they are so good why are they alsways trying to copie or get FAE to build rotor for them
need to get the FACTS not the BULL

After speaking to a "Gyro trac dealer" in Ireland, The alarm bells were ringing, pretty much everything what you have said, also the fact the head cost £17,500 about four grand more than Fae, Running cost seem ridiculous, teeth and the rate you go through them! Fae it will be hope your reading this diggerman!

supertrak

i have a supertrak TL150 with fecon head, bucket and rake attachments. I have been mulching for a couple years. great machine, enjoy the work.
But I have arthritis and I have a serious neck problem, even though the vibration in the machine I think is very minor, it is enough to aggravate my neck problem to where I had to get an epidural shot 3 times.
this caused me to avoid doing very much work with the machine. I still run it around my property for short times, and I do small jobs for neighbors and friends. I am considering selling, even though this is not the greatest time to be selling.
but since I am afraid to go on jobs. I don't want it to just set.

500hf head

After speaking to a "Gyro trac dealer" in Ireland, The alarm bells were ringing, pretty much everything what you have said, also the fact the head cost £17,500 about four grand more than Fae, Running cost seem ridiculous, teeth and the rate you go through them! Fae it will be hope your reading this diggerman!

hi there , there is a guy in england running a coulpe of 500hf heads on 22 t excavators , he is very happy with them , running costs are very low he is getting 300hrs to set of teeth 4 pound to the hr isnt bad costs .. ... gyro-trac recently had a couple of good deals on ex demo heads i heard .. try this link ; GTglobalSales.com

Back