Does this look like a 075?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could be, has the wrong exhaust cover on it,also no felling dogs on it.

Last edited:
Looks like an 076.
I has the newer style recoil and the oil fill on the side like 076's have. But i thought all 075's and 076's had the manual oil pump and i don't see it there.
I could be wrong.

Lee

Looks like an 076.
I has the newer style recoil and the oil fill on the side like 076's have. But i thought all 075's and 076's had the manual oil pump and i don't see it there.
I could be wrong.

Lee

you could be right (I have the new style tank on mine as well) the manual oiler has a plastic plug where the button should be

Last edited:
Looks like an 076.
I could be wrong.

Lee

:agree2:

I would have thought that even though it doesn't have the Manual Oiler it does have the provision for one (unlike the 051) and so must be the 1111 020 2116 (075,076) crankcase which was also shares with the TS760 up to the serial number X 23529742, the TS760 of this age also had a Screw Plug and Sealing Ring just like the one in the picture.
It has the story of a TS760 converted to a chainsaw but they never bothered to fit the Manual oiler, just the auto one in the front.

could be, has the wrong exhaust cover on it,also no felling dogs on it.

What's wrong with the exhaust cover? From memory that's the only type I've seen.

:agree2:

I would have thought that even though it doesn't have the Manual Oiler it does have the provision for one (unlike the 051) and so must be the 1111 020 2116 (075,076) crankcase which was also shares with the TS760 up to the serial number X 23529742, the TS760 of this age also had a Screw Plug and Sealing Ring just like the one in the picture.
It has the story of a TS760 converted to a chainsaw but they never bothered to fit the Manual oiler, just the auto one in the front.

What's wrong with the exhaust cover? From memory that's the only type I've seen.

look at the gap from the handle to the cover, 1 inch gap? not supposed to be like that. Maybe the muffler is wrong.

Last edited:
look at the gap from the handle to the cover, 1 inch gap? not supposed to be like that. Maybe the muffler is wrong.

You're right, I missed that!

Suspect 075:-
attachment.php

Real 076

attachment.php

I can't find any reason for this strange exhaust cover in any of the 050/051/075/076/TS510/TS760 IPLs, they all show the same exhaust cover and Handle.

This just gets stranger and stranger!

Last edited:
Is that back handle sitting at a strange angle (Perhaps broken?) lifting the top cover up?

The Full Wrap Handle also looks wrong when viewed from the front, it looks like it's split at the top mount holes and it's also a strange shape, like one side is taller than the other.

Last edited:
Is that back handle sitting at a strange angle (Perhaps broken?) lifting the top cover up?

I have seen some weird mufflers that are wider, I think that may be what is wrong.As for the whole saw being off I think the front handle has been squashed.

I have 2 076's and one has the same muffler cover as the
one on auction and the other looks the same with out the spacers. For some reason i remember the 075 and 076 had a couple different mufflers one was bigger than the other and that would explain the why the muffler cover was spaced out.
I can email pic's of my 2 if you need them.

Lee

Last edited:
Looks like an 051 to me. Mine has the boss in the casting also where the manual oiler would have gone on the 075/076. Why the muffler cover is spaced so far out, I do not know. I think it's a newer style muffler cover than what was originally on it. Some of the earlier ones did use spacers. Perhaps the cover was changed, leaving the spacers in, when they were no longer needed.

Latest posts

Back