Does wife/signficant other influence saw purchases?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does the wife/significant other influence saw purchases

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a buddy who managed to hide a boat and outings on it form his wife for 3 years. I was simply amazed. We were out skiing and his wife called, "shhhhhh, kill the motor." and we coasted to a stop and he took the call. Even told her that he was gonna be late form work. I couldn't imagine living like that, nor could I help wondering what she lied to him about.

Which MM,I really crave a G 1000
GVI LP with 504ci dynoed over 100hp. No slouch by any means for a GVI, but I just keep thinking how much better it would be with an 800.

G1000 LP Vista is at the top of my MM list. If it was also a Wheatland fwa it would be that much better, but…… $cha-ching$

I have a buddy who managed to hide a boat and outings on it form his wife for 3 years. I was simply amazed. We were out skiing and his wife called, "shhhhhh, kill the motor." and we coasted to a stop and he took the call. Even told her that he was gonna be late form work. I couldn't imagine living like that, nor could I help wondering what she lied to him about.
So did he sell it before she found out? Or did she find out? That's just crazy.

The Dyson vacuum "we" bought cost $1,000, that's ok, "our" unused ms660 was $835 delivered to Cuddle Lane :D:D:D
Woods porting and delivery to Aus obviously come under maintenance costs :D

Just got told we've spent $2.5k/5yrs on a bed, I said how about just a mattress as it's 10yrs old, wifey decided on mattress +big wooden base +2 drawers +dresser unit. Looks like that ported 441m just got justified :D just need some money :(

Last edited:
I've always thought power tools like chainsaws, weedeaters, and so on are to men like shoes and purses are to women. You can't have too many! My wife doesn't care how many I have as long as there is money in the bank! I keep telling her how much we are saving on heating bill by burning wood.

I bought a new tractor one time and she passed me on her way home. I had the new tractor on a trailer. I saw the look on her face and I knew it was going to hit the fan! Instantly my phone rang and she asked me what that was on my trailer. I said a tractor as my voice cackled. I was in the dog house for about a week but she finally forgot about it. Heck it is all down hill from there! A new saw ain't nothing now. :clap:

Sure she sometimes knows if I go buy one from someone I don't know, so if they cut me in half she can give the cops some leads. Other cheap or parts saws just to learn on, then no reason to say anything. Most saws i would even bother getting i think i could get what i payed for them, except maybe this one that I, or I mean Santa, gave her for Christmas, i just rebuilt an old flat top 066 that I use alongside a just as old 394xp, so no need for this one right now. Had some buddys over for the Holidays, they did eventually pick it up and get a pic with it, but after some beer and Wild Turkey. With the HD2 air filter and larger exhaust casing, it cuts and sounds pretty good, 25" custom bar as well. Pink and silver glitter spray paint.

whole side.JPG whole side 2.JPG side front close.JPG top (2).JPG .

Back