Dolmar 116 si

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What plug for the 116si?

• Bosch WSR5F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bosch WS8F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steinmetzmr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What plug does the sachs dolmar 116si run?

Bosch WSR5F according to Chainsaw collectors corner archives, the saw came to me with a ws8f installed. Am I better off running a wsr6f? or looking for a 5?

What do you guys run?

its been a long time but I do remember a service bulletin about this....... Seems like originally they had a WSR6F and shortly there after switched to a WSR5F like I said its been years and I don't sell many Bosch plugs since they moved mfg. to India. Today I use NGK BPMR7A in all the SI's with no issues.

Scott

116 si

I have those plugs for the Husqvarna, maybe I'll that in. Hmmm. I liked the 112 so much, I bought the 116si. Such solid saws, I can't say enough good things about the Dolmar line. I just wished there was a dealer closer than 2 hours away! I've got plenty of back up saws!

116 si

so the 8 that was in it was a hotter plug.... The saw started with a 5 and moved to a 6. Most of the stihl saws run a 6. I wonder if the mix ratio changes the requirements of the plug? Just a rookie here

so the 8 that was in it was a hotter plug.... The saw started with a 5 and moved to a 6. Most of the stihl saws run a 6. I wonder if the mix ratio changes the requirements of the plug? Just a rookie here

The colder the plug, the more prone to fouling, the hotter, the more prone to pre-ignition.

When we are talking heat ranges, physically the hotter plug has a longer insulator path to the metal body and is therefore (relatively) slower to dissipate heat.
This is achieved inside the plug body, the insulator tip length inside the combustion chamber is the same.

Latest posts

Back