Dolmar 133??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I LOVE FIREWOOD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I can get a Dolmar 133 for 300.00 with two 25" bars and chains would this be a good deal? Thanks for the input.

Depends on what kind of shape it's in. It's a good sized saw (85cc) and quite torqie. Not the lightest though but if it's a good runner than $300 is probably a pretty fair price. They stopped making them in 1987 though but maybe Cuttin Scott can tell you about parts availablility. That would be my only worry. :cheers:

Depends on your use.If you want to run a long bar it would be good,lots of torque but slow compared to newer saws.

If your cutting firewood you would probabaly be better off putting that money towards an 044/372 type saw.A lot faster.

A 133 is an excellent saw, But as stated in the other posts
a bit heavy and parts availability is becoming scarce.
If it were me the saw would have to be in excellent to mint
condition with no issues for $300.00 and i love them Dolmars.

Just my opinion Lee

I have a 143, it might be slow reving but not slow cutting. Keep the rakers low enough and use that torgue. It'll cut WAY faster than my 044 or my 385xp. It just wieghts too much, over 25# full of fuel and oil with a 28" bar, but it holds about 3 ot 4 gallons of fuel. I really don't know but it holds a lot. Steve

Naw that's just Troll being Troll. It's an inherent thing. In a past life he was a weights and measures inspector in a large metropolitan area. He was very good at his job. :cheers:

Naw that's just Troll being Troll. It's an inherent thing. In a past life he was a weights and measures inspector in a large metropolitan area. He was very good at his job. :cheers:

Yep, splitting hairs again, over a few gallons and liters.....lol

Back