Dolmar 5100, Husky 346, Stihl ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my muffler modded 026 would do just fine against your 2153 ;).

Sad to say, your 026, even without the muff mod, would whoop my 2153, no questions asked.

However, once I actually GET my 2153, now then... :D

(They're not available yet...)

No woodie don't feel bad you proved me wrong...you aren't as slow as I had first thought. Now move onto another thread and continue to talk about that saw you don't even own yet ;).

First YOU point out, in this thread, where I was talking about the 2153.

I believe you'll find it AFTER your post about the 2153.

Which, I must admit, is unusual, because normally it's you who's always a step behind me. :)

Lot of opinions

The reason i posted this is because I am looking to fill a gap between my Poulan Micro 25 and my new Dolmar 9010.

After knocking down a 30 inch cherry tree I grabbed my trusty poulan and proceeded to top the tree and after about 5 tanks of mix I hadn't cut any wood that needed to be split, and the trailer was full with nearly a cord of small rounds.

The saw I need is from this point on. I realized very quickly that the 9010 is no limbing saw. I need a saw that will handle the 5 to 10 inch stuff quick. So I naturally have looked at the 5100, and the 346 which my dealer carries both brands. He however has not been impressed with the 346's because of melted pistons.

I also went to my local Stihl dealer and told him what I was looking for, and before telling me about what they had to offer, he was already putting down Dolmar. He will not be getting my business. This doesn't mean I won't buy a Stihl, but definitely not from him.

O, my local Husky/Dolmar also said he was very impressed with Stihl's new 361.

The MS 260 works plenty fine for me. 10-15 years from now I suspect that it'll be working plenty fine then too.

Latest posts

Back