Dolmar 5100/ Makita DCS5001 Differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know theres a different coil but what else? they have the same HP figures and vibe levels.
If the 5100 revs higher out of the wood does it rev higher in the wood? Same HP so i dont think it can.

O yes before some smart azz points it out i know they are a different colour lol

Didn't know I was looking for a 242xp...............:popcorn:

The grapes were sour! lol

The 262XP has not arrived yet Grr but i phoned the guy and he tells me he broke the throttle trigger cover??? so has put another powerhead on the box and i get to replace the broken part myself so thats 2 262XPs:)
Should arrive tom!

so back to topic whats the real world diff between the 5100 and the 5001

The grapes were sour! lol

The 262XP has not arrived yet Grr but i phoned the guy and he tells me he broke the throttle trigger cover??? so has put another powerhead on the box and i get to replace the broken part myself so thats 2 262XPs:)
Should arrive tom!

so back to topic whats the real world diff between the 5100 and the 5001
Coil, crank and handlebar, as I remember it......

...maybe more.....

The DCS-5001 is the Makita version of the PS-5000.

Last edited:
PS5000 is the Euro Version of the PS5100 but like mentioned before its a thousand rpm less via coil and has a plastic handlebar and I think a different crank. So the Makita PS5001 is the Euro PS5000 and the USA gets the hotrodded PS5100 with the alum handle, higher limited coil and a stronger crank, Also the USA versions have the Black Hoods unlike the all orange euro siblings.

Scott

PS5000 is the Euro Version of the PS5100 but like mentioned before its a thousand rpm less via coil and has a plastic handlebar and I think a different crank. So the Makita PS5001 is the Euro PS5000 and the USA gets the hotrodded PS5100 with the alum handle, higher limited coil and a stronger crank, Also the USA versions have the Black Hoods unlike the all orange euro siblings.

Scott

Ok so the coil wont affect the speed of cut in the wood?
From what i have seen they are the same HP and vibe specs
Is a ps5100 really going to outcut a DCS5001?

Scott

You forgot to add that one is blue and the other is red:cheers:

Ok so the coil wont affect the speed of cut in the wood?
From what i have seen they are the same HP and vibe specs
Is a ps5100 really going to outcut a DCS5001?

Yes the PS5100 will outcut the DCCS5001

You forgot to add that one is blue and the other is red:cheers:

I call Dolmars Orange cause round here homies and jonsavarnees, redmax and shinnys are red

Scott

All in all the US version is much more desirable in this case.....:clap: :clap:

All in all the US version is much more desirable in this case.....:clap: :clap:

Im not convinced "YET" .1 hp but the same KW figure

Its the same crankshaft listed for the ps5000 as the 5100 so im betting the makita has the same.
The coil is different yes but is 14500 and 13500 limited speed going to make any difference in the wood!

I have found the Dolmar ipl but no luck with the makita version

Im not convinced "YET" .1 hp but the same KW figure

Its the same crankshaft listed for the ps5000 as the 5100 so im betting the makita has the same.
The coil is different yes but is 14500 and 13500 limited speed going to make any difference in the wood!

I have found the Dolmar ipl but no luck with the makita version

I now have the Makita IPL and the crank is a different part no. I will look them over and see what else!

Thanks to a fellow member here for the Info and taking the time to find the IPL
Cheers Chainsawshop!

Back