Dolmar 5100S that would not oil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its called natural instinct, When your accustomed to turning a oiler one direction for years and years........ Its like the lil stihl I just took in trade every time I go to shut it off it chokes.......:monkey::monkey::monkey:

Scott

Sort of the "opposite" made me flood the 5100S once - otherwise a very good starter....

Last edited:
Its a more natural reflex to push to stop than pull to stop IMO

Scott

:agree2:

Now that I have a Stihl & a Dolmar I am uterly confused. It sure is funny to wonder why the saw is acting kind of strange and not stopping in the correct manner. It's usually the "what's the f@$%&. Did anything break?" reaction.

shouldn't be confusing, there's a diagram on the bottom of the saw next to the adjusting screw that shows what way to turn.

Well it can be. I have run Dolmars since 1984, and a bunch of them. Now Dolmar goes and changes direction on the screw that adjusts the oil. Backwards.
It goes against instinct.
Kinda like putting left hand threads on all the nuts... and then a little diagram beside the nut.

Latest posts

Back