Dolmar 6100 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Timm

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I just purchased a Dolmar 6100 and was going to purchase spare chains for it. It came with a 20" bar and a Husqvarna .050 3/8 72 drive link chain. Wanted to make sure I get the correct chain and was looking at getting an Oregon chain. Any suggestions on which chain will work best with this saw?

Thought I'd get more opinions. Don't want a safety chain. No big deal, just wanting to make sure I get the correct chain.

All you need is some good ole 3/8 .050 72 driver chains I'm still on my original Carlton chain. Hope you are happy with your saw! Oregon 72LGX or some Carlton will be the best imo, I'm planning on picking up a STIHL rapid duro 3 carbide chain this week.

Quick question, I just purchased a Dolmar 6100 and was going to purchase spare chains for it. It came with a 20" bar and a Husqvarna .050 3/8 72 drive link chain. Wanted to make sure I get the correct chain and was looking at getting an Oregon chain. Any suggestions on which chain will work best with this saw?
I am a smart azz. So a very sharp one will work. ;) Full chisel, Semi, Square in Oregon 50gauge, 3/8 pitch, 72 drive links will work. 20 inch, I like full comp.

All you need is some good ole 3/8 .050 72 driver chains I'm still on my original Carlton chain. Hope you are happy with your saw! Oregon 72LGX or some Carlton will be the best imo, I'm planning on picking up a STIHL rapid duro 3 carbide chain this week.

Unless you have something specific you need it for, carbide chain is kinda pointless in my opinion. It's expensive, slow cutting, and expensive to sharpen. If you have dirty wood, buy some RM or whatever Oregon calls their semi chisel, BPX maybe? It'll hold up better than full chisel, and you can file it yourself.

72LGX072G 72JGX072G A1LM072 A1LMSK072 A1EP072

take your pick, those are all non safety, JGX and A1LMSK are skip chains

this one has bumper drive links but is still a good cutting chain if your after semi chisel
72DPX072G

Unless you have something specific you need it for, carbide chain is kinda pointless in my opinion. It's expensive, slow cutting, and expensive to sharpen. If you have dirty wood, buy some RM or whatever Oregon calls their semi chisel, BPX maybe? It'll hold up better than full chisel, and you can file it yourself.
I help my aunts boyfriend cut up his firewood a few times a year. His his is piled by his machine shed which is sandy. I've got the diamond bits for my dremel so sharpening isn't an issue.

I help my aunts boyfriend cut up his firewood a few times a year. His his is piled by his machine shed which is sandy. I've got the diamond bits for my dremel so sharpening isn't an issue.

Well, I certainly won't attempt to talk you out of trying a loop, but if it was me, I'd still just go for semi chisel.

Back