dolmar 7900 mods: transplant rejection?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half of that saw looks great ;)
Seriously.. nice work. The Stihl roller realy is a good thing on any saw.

It's definitely an improvement, I'll be doing the same thing to my 7900.

I already have the bar adaptor and just bought a Stihl 25" bar for my 7900 so i will be joining in with you guys real soon:)

damnit, outa rep. That looks good. So the oiler holes matched up? I guess a similar approach could be used to put stihl 3002 bars on 3003 mount saws...

thanks guys! i really do appreciate your encouragement (and rep).:) if i told you how long it took to make that thing you'd laugh for just as long. i have limited metal working tools and very limited skills.

i thought about trying an adapter for the echos but i think i could be banned for that!;)

I hope you weren't milling your bar on the table with nothing under it. Please tell me that was just a photo op.:confused:

That reminds me of an older gentleman I worked with in a tool room. He was milling a long piece of copper. And this guy was a perfectionist. Everything was to the gnats a**. But it took him forever just to do anything.

But anyways, he strap clamped the part down on some blocks to get the piece off the bed and started making a cut. The cut was on the backside of the part. He started the cut and walked away to read the print or whatever, coffee, etc. And by the time he was in the center of the part he finally realized his end mill had pulled out and was cutting into the bed gradually. It was a nice taper cut into the bed. About 16" long and it went almost 1/2" deep. I walked by and said. "Good Job Bed Miller"!! LOL..

Now I will do a search find the part number and get me one for my 7900. I like the idea of that catcher :clap:
I feel so dirty putting a Stihl part on my saw but at least they speak the same language.:)

... And by the time he was in the center of the part he finally realized his end mill had pulled out and was cutting into the bed gradually. It was a nice taper cut into the bed. About 16" long and it went almost 1/2" deep. I walked by and said. "Good Job Bed Miller"!! LOL..

sadly.. it happens a lot. all three of my Bridgeports have table plows... and none were from me!

Now I will do a search find the part number and get me one for my 7900. I like the idea of that catcher :clap:
I feel so dirty putting a Stihl part on my saw but at least they speak the same language.:)

1122 650 7700 - about $6.50 in the USA.
austin,
i used this part # from my 361 ipl : 1135 650 7700. it came with the roller, nut, bolt, and roller retainer.
i think lake is giving you the 660 part #, wich comes with the same hardware. though that roller may be a little wider.
regardless you will need to grind a little off the roller so it will spin freely.:)

a heads up:
when you remove the factory catcher you need to re-insert the bolt to hold the inner dawg on. i noticed the hole may have been a little shallow without the catchers thickness. there was some resistance. i assumed the hole was deep enough and just not threaded all the way down. near the bottom i worked back and forth a little to ease the bolt in. your saw may vary.... don't break anything!:)

Those pesky Stihl bars just seem to pop up everywhere:)

DSC00264.jpg

25" Stihl bar with RSC:cheers:
Arrived today and i have ordered 2 loops of square to fit it all the way from the US now to find some files.

Those pesky Stihl bars just seem to pop up everywhere:)

DSC00264.jpg

25" Stihl bar with RSC:cheers:
Arrived today and i have ordered 2 loops of square to fit it all the way from the US now to find some files.
Cool! I like my 25 RSC setup too.
attachment.php

I just went for the E bar not the ES though!
It should last me a lifetime as it is lol
The bailies bar adaptor works ok without modification but needed turned wrong way out and the front to the back.:dizzy:

I just went for the E bar not the ES though!
It should last me a lifetime as it is lol
The bailies bar adaptor works ok without modification but needed turned wrong way out and the front to the back.:dizzy:

hey scot,
mind posting a pic of the baileys adapter on the saw?
i had seen pics in other threads but they modded the adapter by enlarging some holes, as i recall.

with baileys, do you have a full range of adjustment for the tensioner? again, in some other thread i remember the backwards baileys limited the range.:confused:

i wish you had chimed in earlier....
sounds like i could have saved myself a lot of trouble!:dizzy:
:cheers:

hey scot,
mind posting a pic of the baileys adapter on the saw?
i had seen pics in other threads but they modded the adapter by enlarging some holes, as i recall.

with baileys, do you have a full range of adjustment for the tensioner? again, in some other thread i remember the backwards baileys limited the range.:confused:

i wish you had chimed in earlier....
sounds like i could have saved myself a lot of trouble!:dizzy:
:cheers:

No worries will manage a pic in daylight tommorrow.

Latest posts

Back