Dolmar 7910 and makita 6800i MM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys I got the 7910 muffler uncrimped and apart. I know I need to cut the chamber off but what about the part of it that goes into the cylinder? Do you guys leave it? And then the flange that is in between the back of the muffler and the tubes the mounting screws go through. There will be a gap and the mounting screws won't be tight. Also what kind off mod do you guys suggest as far as enlarging the original port or make a second port?

The tubes stay mounted when muffler is pulled apart. The tubes are not long enough when the chamber is removed because the bracket/flange that holds the chamber in place which is mounted to the chamber and the neck that goes into the port is roughly 3/16" thick.

The tubes stay mounted when muffler is pulled apart. The tubes are not long enough when the chamber is removed because the bracket/flange that holds the chamber in place which is mounted to the chamber and the neck that goes into the port is roughly 3/16" thick.
That sounds weird. I did a couple 7910 mufflers last year but don't remember thst problem

Whatever i did kept the tubes and the piece at the flange there for support. I guess if I took pictures I coukd go back and look

Back