Dolmar Chain Brake Sponge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Under_Pressure

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the "sponge" (item 156 on the attached) in the chain brake area on a 64/73/7900? All I can figure is it is supposed to absorb some bar oil to lube the chain brake parts? I had my 6401 apart, and it must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I took it apart, so who knows how long it's been without it. Just wondering how big of a hurry I should be in to get a new one.

What is the purpose of the "sponge" (item 156 on the attached) in the chain brake area on a 64/73/7900? All I can figure is it is supposed to absorb some bar oil to lube the chain brake parts? I had my 6401 apart, and it must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I took it apart, so who knows how long it's been without it. Just wondering how big of a hurry I should be in to get a new one.

Its used to keep dirt, grime, and sawdust out of the moving parts of the brake

Scott

That area will eventually pack with oily sawdust without the sponge

Thanks for the heads up on the sponge. My HD rental didn't have one. I have plenty of materials that I can make one out of. I was wondering why that area was so full of crap. Now I know why.

Latest posts

Back