Dolmar Dan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozerdan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi
It looks like I am an official Dolmar dealer.I received my first shipment on Friday.I haven't had time to open up any box's yet but they are here.
Later
Dan

Fish
Parts are not a problem.I will try my best to send you the parts blowups when you need them.That is if I can keep the computer gremlins out of my PC.I went through 3 computers in 4 weeks.
Later
Dan

allright now dan. dont get above ye raisen ,,stay dn to earth with us..
just kidding bud. only thing thats constant,, is that changes be o coming.. er something like that...

I didn't know it was pick on fish day.LOL
Whenever I hear about anything that blows up,I think of my favorite TV program" Married With Children" wish they still made new episodes.
Ben
Suggested List price on a new PS7900 with 20" B/C is 819.95 but,we all know that you cant sell anything at list prices.Price for a new 7900 with 20" bar and chain is
750.00 7900
200.00 PP Process
25.00 Shipping in the Lower 48
975.50 Total for a PP7900
I also have 5 of the 7900s in stock

SilverBlue
I see that you are from Ontario,away from the real world.A Dolmar is the Mercedes of chain saws.
I am down here in the middle of Pa and I have had the opportunity to get a close look at some of our local Wild Blonde Beavers.Do they look any different in the north?

sawyer40
Dolmar does have a model that compares to a 066,they make a PS9010,it has a 90cc engine that produces 6.9 hp and it turns 13500 RPM.

Tony
I am and always have been a down to earth type person and hopefully that will never change.
Did EricE send out your 372 yet?
Later
Dan

Fish,
Do you have a picture of a blow up doll with "dibbs" on it, that you could post for us? Don't know if I ever seen one.....Rick/Creep

dan ,,i know that bud ,,just funnin at u...
no eric hasnt got the 372,, here yet. he said he was busy ,,,and i gotto understand that... but i sure am looking forward to it ... ill even pay his shipping .
but id like the saw here,,,and then send the shipping cost... cause ,cause ,cause im excited man ,and i feel like a kid waiting for christmas morning.:)
thanks for any help u can give me. tm
ps im at 7044369623,ill be here until tonite. then i gotto run down to charleston,, to straiten up my sister trees,,
amongst other things. any body here can take messages and get to me there.
should take tuesday and wed,im thinking.

sawyer, the PS7900 is rated at 6.2 hp, I think..and weighs much less than the 9010 or 066. Expect a conservative 30% pwr gain after Dan works his magic. Then the 7900 should kick butt on my old 066, with the dual port muffler, which used to be rated 7.7 hp, and totally embarrass a current 066.

I will probably have Dan build me one, and then maybe sell my 066. I rarely use it anyhow, having two built 372's and a Greffardized 3120 that will hang close to gypo's 27.894 hp
088KD.

Dan has looked inside the 7900 and said it looks pretty darned good in stock form, which could mean gains of over 30% may be hard to come by---same as my 066, which was the most advanced stock saw built, according to Ken Dunn--not the new 066 though.:

Dan, the Mercedes of chainsaws you say? Oh well. You see here we like our saws to have a bit more scare in them, say something like my 68 Shelby GT that is ready to take a bite out of you’re a$$ just for looking at it the wrong way. Ever see a ride with such a wicked lope that it swaps lanes back and forth while sitting at a light waiting to turn green? So can you build a Dolmar to satisfy our real world need for speed?

I’m just a hour south of Gypo, hope to meet up with him whenever he finds his way out of the bush.

I hope I don’t get banned for posting a pick of some of our beaver, we like them shaved up here when the weather is warm.
Rob.

Dan,

Are you at liberty to provide details on the replacement for the 540?

C-

SilverBlue
Yes I did say the Mercedes of chainsaws.The two companies have a lot of thought in common.Mercedes made cars that were functional, dependable and lasted almost forever.but most of their cars were not a thing of beauty.Dolmars R/D building is larger then a lot of the other saw companies production plants.You have to keep in mind that Dolmar only produces saws,chain or concrete.
Even the shape of the saw had many hours of R/D in it,how many companies would give shape a consideration? That sloped or bubble design is there for a reason not just looks.Most loggers lay across the back of the saw,when they file the chain on the job site.It is designed for comport,would you rather have a square cover jamming you in the chest or one cut at an angle?
The filter itself is rather small but not an issue.Dolmar also did their homework in this area.The carb box is pressurized via air from the flywheel.I know nothing new,Electrolux had it for years.The difference is that the larger chips are blown down to the bottom section of the carb box and they exit the saw via two flaps.These flaps open and shut depending on air box pressure.The bottom side of the air filter cover also is finned to helps out with the air flow in keeping the chips off of the filter.
I plan on going up to see the little guy with the long truck in the near future,maybe we can all get together.
Beavergirl
All that I know about Dolmar replacing the 540 is that there will be 3 new saws coming out in the 45 to 60 cc range.From what I was told the saws are built and ready to ship.
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back