Dolmar Experts - 7900 Oil Pump Adj. Screw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was going to recondition the oil pump on my 7900. The same Dolmar rebuild kit also fits the 6000, 6800, 6400, & 7300.

There are two adjusting screws in the package, a black one and a white one.

Which one do I use? What are the difference between the two screws besides color. Looking at them, I can not see any shape difference of the slot?

I went to the workshop manual and it makes no mention of the two colors.

I looked at the different illustrated parts lists and there is just one part number 030.245.070 for the whole kit.

I was going to recondition the oil pump on my 7900. The same Dolmar rebuild kit also fits the 6000, 6800, 6400, & 7300.

There are two adjusting screws in the package, a black one and a white one.

Which one do I use? What are the difference between the two screws besides color. Looking at them, I can not see any shape difference of the slot?

I went to the workshop manual and it makes no mention of the two colors.

I looked at the different illustrated parts lists and there is just one part number 030.245.070 for the whole kit.

I had the same issue when I rebuilt my 6401/big bore. I "miked" both black & white and found no difference. I started with the white and will install the black when the white one wears out - which it will because it is, after all, plastic.

I have two 7900's right now the one I wanted to redo the pump in is black. The other one is white.

Went to the shop and checked my 6800iH which uses the same pump and it had the white adjuster in the pump.

This saw doesn't have much use and it is the original adjuster in the pump.

I stihl have not figured out why they have a white and a black oiler adjusting screw in the repair kit?

The 030 245 070 kit fits many model Dolmar's. 111* PS-540, 116Si*, 120Si*, PS-6000, PS-6800i, PS-6400, PS-7300, & PS-7900.

Models listed with * would be late models which have the ecologic oil pump.

The only models that I see that used the black screw are the 111's & PS-540. I checked some PS-6000 / 6800's, PS-7900's, and even a prototype PS-7900 from 2000/2001 and they all had the white screw.

Thanks . . . .

Now I can have peace of mind.

Hmmm. Why is everybody wearing out their Dolmar oil pumps? :) Both of my 7900's are high hour saws and still going well.

Hmmm. Why is everybody wearing out their Dolmar oil pumps? :) Both of my 7900's are high hour saws and still going well.

We haven't had much issue with the pump itself. The pump driver is a common wear item.

I actually have had no trouble with the pump itself until the last time I used the saw.

My 7900 will leak all the oil out of the tank just setting and the wings on the worm gear are gone on the ends this last time I used it.

So while I had it apart, I thought I would slip the parts in the pump also. The adjuster is stripped as you can turn it around and around but it still oiled until the gear went.

Someone must have messed with the pump in this older 7900 for it has the black adjuster. My other 7900 and 6800 have the white adjuster.

Back