Dolmar, Makita BB Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ran3465

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just ordered a BB kit from Baileys and ordered the base gasket with it (paper). The kit came with 2 different thickness steel gaskets. The saw the kit is going on is a Makita 6400. Which gasket do I use?

Just ordered a BB kit from Baileys and ordered the base gasket with it (paper). The kit came with 2 different thickness steel gaskets. The saw the kit is going on is a Makita 6400. Which gasket do I use?

I didn't use either, just OE gasket.....

:cheers:
Mike

Howdy,
It's coming with a .5mm gasket for the Dolmar?Makita. It also has a 1.5mm gasket for the Solo's. It'a a direct bolt on for the Dolmar/Makita.
On the Solo's, the upper muffler stabilizer screw mounting hole is about 1mm further away ( vertically ) from the cylinder mounting surface. It took a couple minutes with a 3/16" file to elongate the hole in the muffler, and cooling plate, so they will align with the mount hole in the cylinder.
Wow, I just read what I wrote and it sounds difficult but, it's so easy that I could have done it quicker than writing about it.
We tried one on each brand. The Big Bore on the Solo seemed to make much more improvement (percentage wise) than the Dolmar/Makita.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back