Dolmar/Makita/Sachs-Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Okay, can somebody explain in clear terms if Dolmar and Makita are the same saw manufacturer? A couple of the models are twins in appearance. I was under the impression Makita bought Sachs-Dolmars line and Dolmar was a different company making an entirely different saw.

Whats the straight scoop?

Okay, can somebody explain in clear terms if Dolmar and Makita are the same saw manufacturer? A couple of the models are twins in appearance. I was under the impression Makita bought Sachs-Dolmars line and Dolmar was a different company making an entirely different saw.

Whats the straight scoop?

I'm not an expert on this but Dolmar makes saws under the Makita brand. In fact Makita bought Dolmar in 1991. Consequently Dolamr is part of the Makita family.
Bob

Dolmar & Makita are exactly the same- the same company, the same saws in different colors, with different distribution and dealership networks. As mentioned, Makita purchased Dolmar. Sachs was involved (partial or full ownership) in the 70's & 80's, hence the Sachs-Dolmar era.

Back