Dolmar PS-340 suggestions anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been looking to pickup a small limbing saw for awhile and had pretty much decided on the PS-401, problem being I couldn't find one around at least not for a decent price. Then I came across this one and thought that it might do the trick, albeit at 34cc instead of 40cc. So the questions is... anyone have any suggestions on how to get the most out of it? I am specifically appealing to those who have had any experience with these little Dolmars like the 100, 102, 340, 341, 400, 401, etc...
I can't be the only one who sees value in a good quality, handy little limbing saw.

I have a PS 34 that was MM. It def helped in the power department as the holes in the muffler were about the size of a marble. That little saw is a trooper. It has done everything I have asked of it, some of which it had a right to decline, and has never missed a beat.

I just tried it yesterday on a few branches and boy is it nimble. So far the power is enough for what I had in mind, though I just may try that MM that was mentioned, see if it wakes up any. Tough crowd so far, anyone else with mod or troubleshooting ideas?

I have a PS 34 that was MM. It def helped in the power department as the holes in the muffler were about the size of a BB. That little saw is a trooper. It has done everything I have asked of it, some of which it had a right to decline, and has never missed a beat.

These are bf and after the MM.

Back