Dolmar ps 7900 came today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z4lunch

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Steve here... Bought a new ps7900, have had older Dolmar 120's , but mostly run Stihl's I always wanted to try the 7900
As I was opening up the box, it dawned on me this was the first NEW non Stihl saw I have ever bought, nope second. I bought a 4000 Poulan in 1985 that was new. Can't wait to compare it to my 066.
Steve

Comparison

Please let us know what the results of your comparison!

As a long time Stihl user, your comments will be noteworthy.;)

RB you were how old when I bought that Poulan... I was talking about the 7900 to the 66...lol
Steve

I was 13. I know what you were talking about, but I strike while the iron is hot.

Steve here... Well it has almost been a year since I bought my 7900...I fought jumping on the band wagon and buying one when they first came out... Finnaly pulled the trigger the end of last Feb. It's been in the box til today... I ran 3 tanks thru it, was pleasantly suprised and impressed in how the saw ran. It runs more like my 066, has more torque than the 440 or 460. Cut down a weed (20"red oak), and cut up some frozen 24" red oak and similar size frozen hard maple...
It really cuts well has plenty of torque for a little saw. The couple pounds of weight savings from the 066 helped a bunch on my weary bones.
I will also say the anti-vibe on the 7900 blows away the the av on my 066.
I really thought it would be out in the woods once and back on the shelf.
It will be out in the woods alot!!! It was a joy to run.

When I get a few more tanks thru it, I will run it up against the 066. Will run the same bar and chain. I had a friend make bushings so I can run my Stihl bars on the Dolmar
Steve

Steve here... Well it has almost been a year since I bought my 7900...I fought jumping on the band wagon and buying one when they first came out... Finnaly pulled the trigger the end of last Feb. It's been in the box til today... I ran 3 tanks thru it, was pleasantly suprised and impressed in how the saw ran. It runs more like my 066, has more torque than the 440 or 460. Cut down a weed (20"red oak), and cut up some frozen 24" red oak and similar size frozen hard maple...
It really cuts well has plenty of torque for a little saw. The couple pounds of weight savings from the 066 helped a bunch on my weary bones.
I will also say the anti-vibe on the 7900 blows away the the av on my 066.
I really thought it would be out in the woods once and back on the shelf.
It will be out in the woods alot!!! It was a joy to run.

When I get a few more tanks thru it, I will run it up against the 066. Will run the same bar and chain. I had a friend make bushings so I can run my Stihl bars on the Dolmar
Steve

You know when you got a good one when you need a cigarette when your done!

Latest posts

Back