Dolmar PS-7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
Hello
I scored a 064 and a Dolmar PS-7900(powerheads) all for 6 bones today,and the question in point is. Are the bigger E-lux bar mounts and oil holes the same as big Dolmars mounts.Thanks,Seth

I'm assuming that these are used? What kind of shape is the Dolmar in? What do you plan on doing with it? I've been drooling on the Dolmar catalog for a while now, and I'd like to know how good of machine they are.

Seth
What are your plans for the 064? Where did you pick those up at? Johnny red is doing well...took it to knapps saw shop over by the mill and they got it going awesome. Ordered a pair of chaps too! Have any cutting to do up there?!
Dustin

The Dolmar PS6400, 7300, 7900 and 9010 all use the same bar mount and studs. They are the Oregon D009 or the Windsor EM / HU style mounts 9mm bar studs.
Terry

Terry
Can you please answer a few questions about the newer Dolmar products for me.
Do they still use the same supplier for there rubber products?
The older ones had rather poor av mounts and the fuel,oil lines turned to crap prematurely.
Can you enlighten us on there new (injection carburetor).
What does the injector actually do?
Do these carbs have a fixed main jet?

Is J.P. Fuller still the distributor for Pa.?
Who do I talk to about becoming a dealer?
Later
Dan

Dan
The new saws us a steel spring imbedded in a plastic cup. There are no rubber buffers on this family of saws.

Yes JP Fuller is the wholesaler for PA and you can talk to Danny Schmidt or Jim Wisby the salesmans name for PA is Jeff Bortz.

Terry

Terry
Thanks for the fast and very nice reply.Did you ever think about running for politics?You only managed to answer three questions out of six.

Can you enlighten us on there new (injection carburetor).
What does the injector actually do?
Do these carbs have a fixed main jet?
Later
Dan

Sorry about that i had to step out and do something before i got completely finished.

The injection carburetor we now only use on the PS6000i and DCS 6000i models. It did not meet all the EPA requirements and has been dropped from the smaller 52 and 54 cc models. The purpose of this carburetor was to help combat problems with vapor lock back in 1987 when it was introduced. The lack of the choke butterfly in the throat of the carb made this a more powerful model by not restricting the air flow. The injector valve was used for the purpose of choking the saw by having a very short passage in the body of the carburetor for the fuel to pass through and not allowing that fuel to become so hot as to vaporize. The models using this carb were all equipped with a ceramic flange connecting the carb to the cylinder, this flange passed more heat than does the now used rubber boot. That is the injection carb in a nutshell.

All the injection carbs did not have a fixed main jet.
Terry

We have no chain saw models with fixed main jets. All chainsaw models have the limiter cap on the high speed needle.

All of the linetrimmers, hedgetrimmers and brushcutters use the fixed main jet.

Terry

Dolmar Dealer

Terry
I did call JP Fuller about becoming a Dolmar dealer.
I guess that I should not have told the man that I spoke with the truth about what I do with saws.
He said he would contact Dolmar on this matter and get back with me in a few days.
I will let you know what there reply is.
Thanks
Dan

What is it exactly that you do to the saws. I am the one of the two people they will contact.

Terry

Terry
Do a search on this forum,try something like,PP346,PP2149,PP372,PP385,Power Ported,Power Porting.That will explain a lot.
Thanks
Dan

Would Love to try a PP7900 from what I hear it just may be a winner.......
Terry would you like to see a Dolmar 7900 in the winning circle?

I remember the days before the monopolized timber sports were controlled by money and individuals came with their saws and competeted. Back then Chain Saw Age magazine (now Power Equipment Trade) use to publish the winners from the local shows and saw dust days and there was seldom a month that a Sachs-Dolmar 120 or 120Super was not in the top 3.
In other words I would really like to see Dolmar on the competition circuit again. Let me know if I can help.
Terry

Back