Dolmar ps-9010 grenaded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuConcepts

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well almost, now that i got your attention how does a 90cc saw with hardly any run time decide to crack part of the clutch assembly in half. i never seen anything like this happen before. it would seem like a factory defect. well if any one might have a ps-9010. parts saw laying around let me know, i'll buy the clutch off of you.
IMG_0296.jpg

It`s only one clutch shoe!! How many hours on the saw? Not a big expense to buy a new shoe or to put it on.

Pioneerguy600

yup. sometimes s#1t happens. whats with the missing bar stud and cracked pump cover? jump a chain on that saw?

edit. looks like a crack on the bottom screw holding the cover on, but it might just be 'formed' like that for the screw.

it never had a chain jump the saw had less than 20 hrs on it. thats not a crack either. its formed like that. dolmar wants you to buy a whole clutch assembly. can't buy one shoe. the clutch cover and drum are even mint. the bar stud was on me.

Probably just a manufacture defect. I have seen a ms440 clutch pull a Patsy Cline before.

The tree service i used to work for had one of those for a stump chaser..big heavy and sloooow..built like a tank!! ! Tried to get him to let me modd the muffler to let it breath a lil better.....I think the factory wanted you to do this anyways...they would not have made it so easy....like on this saw..
the clutch...thats wierd!

The tree service i used to work for had one of those for a stump chaser..big heavy and sloooow..built like a tank!! ! Tried to get him to let me modd the muffler to let it breath a lil better.....I think the factory wanted you to do this anyways...they would not have made it so easy....like on this saw..
the clutch...thats wierd!

slow? get it tuned properly. i have 2 solo 694's (same saw) and they will easily hang with any 660 or 390-395. heavy? not alot heavier than my 660, just not balanced as well as the stihl.
i can tell you right now the 9010/694 has WAY more torque then the 660.
been using one for milling for the past 2 years. will never look at another stihl for this type of job ever again.

it would pull a 36" bar fine..im just saying not alot of rpm's Im not saying i didnt like it...im just saying it seemed slow compared other saws i have seen..i ran dolmar 7900 not too long ago and it seemed just as powerful and way lighter....but like you say for milling i bet it would tear it up...but for cutting large logs....it seemed average. like an old mac. If i had the chance id buy one if it was cheap enough.....it was a tank.....never had a problem other than the chain locking up in the bar..but that was user issues letting the weight of the saw twist the bar and then ran hot and the chain siezed.....thats why i got to use it more so than the owner.....the owner wassnt the smartest....it never siezed with me....

anyways..this clutch...what would cause that? it cant get that hot and break on cool down can it?

i can't say nothing bad about the saw, it doesn't rev out like a 395xp or like a 660 but for the money,it has the torque where the others just don't have it, you can't stop it in the wood. it was running fine then after a cut. it made a noise and noticed the chain started spinning. i never had this happen before. otherwise great saw that i wish would have a decomp valve. o sorry about the title brad its not a goner yet.

i can't say nothing bad about the saw, it doesn't rev out like a 395xp or like a 660 but for the money,it has the torque where the others just don't have it, you can't stop it in the wood. it was running fine then after a cut. it made a noise and noticed the chain started spinning. i never had this happen before. otherwise great saw that i wish would have a decomp valve. o sorry about the title brad its not a goner yet.

the title is fine:greenchainsaw:no need to appoligize!:D

The break in the shoe looks interesting. Is each segment (of the three) one solid piece of sintered metal? Or are they bonded together somehow?

Latest posts

Back