Dolmar PS9000 questions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi gents.
Hoping that some of the more savvy Dolmar tech heads may be able to help me (or those that are better at Google searches than I am!).
A while back I had a guy's PS9000 brought in to "put a new fuel line in". This saw has turned into an absolute nightmare as it also had a toasted top end, dead coil, Bing carby that needed a kit etc etc. I put a new piston and rings in it and rebuilt the carby.
I also bought a new coil from Edge & Engine and now it "pops" but won't fire. I pulled the flywheel thinking the key may have sheered off as it seems to have the timing out.
After much swearing and hair pulling I decided to drop it into a pretty knowledgable Stihl tech on here and he thought the same thing - that the timing was out.
After scouring a few part's manuals for this saw he discovered that there are different part numbers for the early coils and later coils but ALSO different part numbers for the flywheels.

I'm hoping somebody here knows whether or not you can run the new coil on the old flywheel?

Part numbers for corresponding years are as follows...

1993-07
024 141 200 FLY WHEEL
024 143 020 COIL

2002-07
024 141 210 FLY WHEEL
024 143 051 COIL

Any help appreciated :cheers:

Ta,
Matt

Not much help, but the Solo 694 is the same saw and I do have one of those in the shop. If you can't find anything else, let me know.

Randy

Thanks Randy. The owner of this saw initially thought it could be fixed with just a fuel line but in actual fact it is nearly a write off. I feel a bit sorry for him as he is already up for $300 and it's still not running :( Most of the $300 is parts.

Sounds like the 694 I have here, tank handle is busted, front handle is missing, no clutch cover and..... This one's a wash as well. Told him I'd get whatever I could out of it. Been sitting since... JJ was interested a while ago, was fighting fires still last I talked to him.

You have to use the correct flywheel for the coil other wise you can take the key out and reposition the flywheel to suit the later coil I haven't done one for a while and have no photos for reference but the is alot of difference between the timing on the old and new flywheel

You have to use the correct flywheel for the coil other wise you can take the key out and reposition the flywheel to suit the later coil I haven't done one for a while and have no photos for reference but the is alot of difference between the timing on the old and new flywheel

Thanks for that mate. Unfortunately that is what I was hoping NOT to hear but is what I expected :cheers:
I'll reposition the flywheel and try to get the timing around the mark.
Appreciated :)

Back