Dont let this happen to you!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure hope the tube gets rid of it, freak accidents happen. You gotta do what it takes to get well though. Even if it involves taking some bone away. But get a bunch of doctors to look at you. Man i feel for you and hope it all goes well for you. You're too good a guy to be going through this.

Last edited:
Sure hope the tube gets rid of it, freak accidents happen. You gotta do what it takes to get well htough. Even is it involves taking some bone away. But get a bunch of doctors to look at you. Man i feel for you and hope it all goes well for you. You're too good a guy to be going through this.

And who does that sound like???

Colonel Sanders?:D

Wowsers! Who would have thunk that you'd have an infection from a (big) bump to the head?

I'd recommend going for the drainage tube, I don't think that you will even notice it after a short while. A resistant infection like that is uber serious and nothing to take half measures with.

Wishing you the very best for a full and timely recovery my friend!

Geez. That stinks. Safety gear helps, but it is not foolproof or 100%. You wouldn't want to live in that bubble anyway. What safety gear is designed for is the common problems and the big-impact uncommon ones. The freak accident issues will never be covered. No hard hat or chaps will help if you get a spear in the chest...

But I have to say - I want to see the MRIs! Scan those puppies and post 'em! Nothing teaches better than a photo of the damage.

-Dave

sorry to hear it. but your right its freak sometimes thiers nothing you can do about it. its always the unforseen that gets you. something that hit you that hard could have easily killed you tho. so i would think of it that way. hope it all works out for the best.

Hey avalancher, I'm pretty handy with a drill and I got some spare fuel line, I'll even throw in a filter so you don't lose nothin you need :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously folks,, I hope it heals well, It's gotta be a little scary.

Of all people to have this happen to . That darn bad mojo just dosn't want to let up. I hope everything goes well, and hope you can get back to your normal life soon. But if you do spend some time in the hospital , keep us informed, we all like your stories ,especially when your on drugs and those darn wood ferries start showing up:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

I really hope we are poking fun about this a few months from now, I enjoy reading about your daily adventures, take care.
Speaking of adventures, the geese one of your your stories inspired, arrived two weeks ago and they are eating me out of house and home.

Hope all works out for ya. I just want to say thanks for the story. I wear eye/ear protection always. Never a hardhat.....Guess what, the one in my basement will now be dusted off and be part of my PPE it should have been all along! Thanks, and god bless with quick recovery!

Bruce:deadhorse:

Man, talk about bad luck! It socks to try and be safe and still get beaned. I've had tubes in my ear twice but not for the same reason, I had infection behind the ear drum. They removed the tubes after 6 months, man that wasn't fun. I've had the ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember now, I didn't connect the two, wonder if that's where it came from? Well I hope everything turns out for the good!

Take care man. Hoping the tube will do the job. We can't be loosing our best storyteller. :)

Kevin

Back