Douglas Fir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to urban scrounge Christmas trees for firewood, they all burn..hot.

Easy curbside pickins as well....

Maybe we could ship him some CARE packages of shagbark, sugar maple, black locust, oak? Pretty provincial out there in B.C.? :cool2:

That'd pop his bubble. Doug-fir much better as tubafores, etc. :notrolls2:

And the winner is ?

Out here in Mt. we have alot of Douglas Fir that is prime for fire wood thanks to the spruce bud worm. It burns good. But my personal favorite is to mix in equal{or close}amounts of doug.,larch{tamarack}and lodge pole. Got about a cord of birch that's curing. Will try it this fall, birch is great for bbq smoke wood also.:cheers:

Almond. It's the only firewood I'll travel for.

Anything else I can get the crew to roadside for me to pick up on the way home.

Gologit-I have heard that Almond is alot like pecan. Do you know if that is true. I got Black Bear sirloin roast and Mule deer Tenderloin on the Out door fire place smokin' over a bed of alder and apple(seasoned) all cut off our place, right now as i am typing. Should be ready to eat @7:30 or so. Any how back to fire wood.:cheers:

Gologit-I have heard that Almond is alot like pecan. Do you know if that is true. I got Black Bear sirloin roast and Mule deer Tenderloin on the Out door fire place smokin' over a bed of alder and apple(seasoned) all cut off our place, right now as i am typing. Should be ready to eat @7:30 or so. Any how back to fire wood.:cheers:

I don't know, Dooby. I never burned any pecan. Almond is great firewood but a PITA to cut...everything is small. I don't know if people cook with it or not.

just pulled the meat off. It marinaded for 4-hrs,then slow cooked out on an open grill old school w/homemade charcoal and and my own wood. How rewarding. As soon as it gets done resting we are gonna tear into it. Cant wait. Almond sounds like it might be good wood to smoke w/. I think i jacked this thread sorry. :biggrin:

Back