Drainings from OWB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butch(OH)

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just pulled the cork on the Woodmaster as I drain and refill it every spring. Never much though about what I am draining out of it besides water, 1/2 gallon of whatever "boiler treatment" is. Looks and smells like what I put in the cooling system of my Ford diesels. Anyway it has never killed the grass is all I know abut it. This year we have a new batch of kittens running around here getting into everything and it has me wondering. Jug says nothing about disposal problems, anybody know for sure? hard to keep them kittens contained, LOL.

trialanderror

trialanderror

ArboristSite Operative
same as a public swimming pool..
keeps the pH happy medium....

i doubt it's harmful chemicals. as if one (and nearly everyone using a wood) is to heat the DHW, what if a leak occurred and it mixed with the tap water?

rob206

rob206

ArboristSite Operative
Drained mine a couple weeks ago as I have a new boiler waiting to be moved to the pad. Anyhow, I was looking at the jug that came with the new boiler and it says not to drain within 50ft of a well. I'd say based on that, that it probably is not good to ingest.

On a side note, when my 2yr old boiler was empty I looked into the top vent and there was no rust at all. I checked on the side also, where the fittings were for a second pump and no rust.

Butch(OH)

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
On a side note, when my 2yr old boiler was empty I looked into the top vent and there was no rust at all. I checked on the side also, where the fittings were for a second pump and no rust.

X2 on that, Just shut ours down after the 3rd season and looking in the vent pipe all i see is blue steel:)

Latest posts