Dream come true

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My family recently bought out the local Cub Cadet Yanmar dealership. While I'm excited about the purchase and adding another Outdoor Power dealership this location also sells Sthil products (the other stores have Stihl dealers to close to be get the franchises.) I'm really pumped and will probably have a serious case of CAD starting as I'm already buying a new saw, haven't decided whether I'm going bigger than my ms290 or smaller. It would be nice to have a smaller saw for limbing and bucking once the tree is down but a 310 is kind of calling my name. The real neat thing is the acccess to all the books,manuals and tools. I was over there today and took my chains with me to give them a touch up on the grinder. First time I haven't hand filed them. The grinder was kind of neat and fast but there is something about hand filing that I like too. Anyway just kind of babbling in excitement. Our other Outdoor location is doing rather well and this location has a higher sales area and customer base so I hope it is the same if not better.

Congratulations to you and your family. Best wishes for many years of success! :clap::cheers:

Personally, I can't take the vibes of the 290/310/390 line. The 361 cured my tingling, is lighter, and a tank of fuel lasts much longer.

Thanks for the wishes TreePointer. I messed up when I wrote the 310. I'm not wanting a 310 it wouldn't be enough of a upgrade from my 290. I don't know why I put that in there other than I had it on my mind from when I was in the store today and was talking to a guy about one.

I meant to say the 361. I have heard all kinds of hype about this saw but have never had the chance to try one out.

Best of luck to you and the Family on the new enterprise!!!

I don't doubt for a second you'll be having too much fun getting work done.:D

Which Yanmar line do you guys now have?

Any of the tracked CUT's?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Best of luck to you and the Family on the new enterprise!!!

I don't doubt for a second you'll be having too much fun getting work done.:D

Which Yanmar line do you guys now have?

Any of the tracked CUT's?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks Dingeryote,
No tracked stuff. We have the compact and subcompact Yanmar tractors, 24-45 horse. Along with the full line Cub Cadet residential and Cub Cadet commercial. It all ties in with MTD so we carry some Troy Bilt splitters and Snow blowers as well. Fun stuff that's for sure.

Last edited:
I think you should have started your thread by saying that your Family bought a Stihl dealership that also sells Cub Cadet and Yanmar tractors!!! ;)

Congratulations and have fun!

Not much diff between 290 and 310 cept few more cc's. 441 or 460 would be my guess

I think you should have started your thread by saying that your Family bought a Stihl dealership that also sells Cub Cadet and Yanmar tractors!!! ;)

Congratulations and have fun!

:) bluestem,
The tractors are the bigger part of the store. We have two other cub locations this is the first one with Stihl.

Latest posts

Back