Drive link count

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many 3/8" drive links it takes for a 36" bar? Is it 36+6=42/ .375 ? I am needing some chain loops made for my 075 rig. Thank you and have a blessed day.

I think it depends mostly on the bar. I have an 051, which would be similar to your 075. A bunch of the 36" bars I was looking at required 114 DL of 3/8 pitch, but the bar I ended up going with (a Cannon) takes 123 DL.

What bar are you using?

And I'm sure others here with more experience could help more.

--Tyler

My 066 takes 115 with the Stihl bar, and 114 with the Oregon. Guess who's adding a of link to a couple of chains today? I had forgotten that when I ordered them.

Mark

Link count

I will use (2) bars for my 075 for now. I need loops made for a Stihl 36" rollomatic and a 42" Carlton Hard tip. I will use .375 X .063 ripping chain on both bars. Heaven knows I don't ever plan on using it to fell with!! I appreciate all replies and future responses. I know the 050, 051, 075, 076, 070, 084, 088, and 090 all share the same bars (14mm).

Does anyone have a good used breaker and spinner they can part with?
Thank you all and have a blessed day.:)

Hey Trever, I know the 075 is a beefy saw, but you might want to consider swapping out the hard tip for a sprocket nose. Milling is pretty straining on the saws, especially if you were to use most of that 42" bar, and every little bit of help counts. The sprocket nose will decrease the work that the chainsaw has to do and let it put its energy into the wood instead.

Sounds like you already have the bar though, so if you're using it in wide stuff, take your time and go slow.

Good luck!

--Tyler

Thank you

Thanks to all.

Tyler, I will head your advise and mainly use the 36" roller tip. It still has a lot of use left in it. Thank you all and have a blessed day.:)

Back