Driver trapped for 2 hours after tractor flips in logging accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutmasterRick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The chain being used to haul the logs was attached too high to the tractor’s rear, causing it to flip end-over-end...

Full writeup from http://bangordailynews.com/2015/01/...lips-in-logging-accident/?ref=mostReadBoxNews

Driver trapped for 2 hours after tractor flips in logging accident
By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff

GREENE, Maine — A 42-year-old man is lucky to be alive after a farm tractor he was on flipped over on Saturday afternoon, state police said.

Kenneth Bragdon was hauling trees on his Buzzell Lane property when a tree he was dragging became snagged on another tree, Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said in a release.

Bragdon was trapped in 15-degree temperatures for more than two hours before he was able to contact a family member via cell phone, McCausland said.

Greene firefighters managed to free Bragdon and transported him to a waiting LifeFlight helicopter which took him to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, where he is being treated for internal injuries.

The chain being used to haul the logs was attached too high to the tractor’s rear, causing it to flip end-over-end, McCausland said.

10022341_H14290257.JPG

Well, that's how we do it up here. CMMC is a top notch hospital when it comes to treating dumb injuries related to farm equipment. Lots of trial and error to get that way.

That incident happened only minuets from my house. My wife actually works at CMMC as well, you should hear some of the stories she shares over dinah. The old farmall tractors are not your best bet for hauling wood however they are still very commonly used around the area. For many around these parts the older farm tractors have been pulling firewood duty since the 40's. Everyone around here knows of at least 1 person who has died on a farmall. I know a girl who managed to walk away from a farmall H roll over, TWICE.

See, told ya that's how we do it round here. It's been verified now. Up here you get it done or die trying.

AS for ROPS, I'm sure he can't afford any tractor so equipped. That's probably the same tractor killed his dad and a couple uncles as well.

Latest posts

Back