Dropping a Winter Time White Pine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right Blakes, someone else was going to take the wood and cut it all up so I left 3 trees heaped up and pealed out. Two of them needed to be climbed, one with some more extensive rigging.

WHAT............No bore cut with a back strap release........Daniel will be disappointed.........lol

j/k....looked good..

I liked the depth of step between scarf and back cut. When you put lots of tension on the bull rope its nice to have protection against the stick jumping backwards. I do prefer to tighten the line after the scarf rather than before but I'm a nancy boy.

I know I am a nancy boy because that helmet cam view made me seasick. Seriously!

I liked the depth of step between scarf and back cut. When you put lots of tension on the bull rope its nice to have protection against the stick jumping backwards. I do prefer to tighten the line after the scarf rather than before but I'm a nancy boy.

I know I am a nancy boy because that helmet cam view made me seasick. Seriously!

Yup, the big step was to compensate for the cold White Pine that doesn't offer much hinge strength.

Nice video, i got cold just watching it:laugh: Did you flip the carb shutter on that 660 to get it to run in that freezing temp?

Yup, always try to remember to flip em' between winter and summer. Bucked logs for a tank with my other 660 today and didn't remember to flip it till I got home and was cleaning the filter, saw ran fine, but sometimes it makes a difference. My rule of thumb is flip it when you have to go to winter bar oil.

Back